Pocket Agenda Smell

Thanks! I see, so its relatively new... Maybe thats why its smelly.
Yes... It probably just needs time to let the "new" smell wear off. Monogram Canvas is cotton coated with lots and lots of chemicals and leather is naturally strong smelling and the glazing also has a glue scent. You could practically get high off of the stuff these things are made out of!

It's most likely the smell of the materials that they use to manufacture it. I bet people with these smell problems will have date codes that are closer to the date of purchase than the date codes of people who don't have any smell issues are.
You're right. Mine is recently made. :smile: Glad it fades because phew!

Yes... It probably just needs time to let the "new" smell wear off. Monogram Canvas is cotton coated with lots and lots of chemicals and leather is naturally strong smelling and the glazing also has a glue scent. You could practically get high off of the stuff these things are made out of!
I've taken a whiff off of newly-made pieces and they never had that chemically odor, instead it was more of a pleasant leather smell with a hint of new car. It seems to be hit or miss since it spans most of the canvas line (mono and DE being the worst from what I've personally experienced) over several different creation dates.
The verdict also seems to be out on whether the odor fades with use/time or not...I don't think it does but that's probably because I'm so sensitive to it and it just clings to everything else around it.

When I called LV, the lady on the phone said that it will go away. I am airing it out still, giving it a few more days. It has gotten better, but if it still smells in a few days, I will prbly go return it. SAD FACE.

I've taken a whiff off of newly-made pieces and they never had that chemically odor, instead it was more of a pleasant leather smell with a hint of new car. It seems to be hit or miss since it spans most of the canvas line (mono and DE being the worst from what I've personally experienced) over several different creation dates.
The verdict also seems to be out on whether the odor fades with use/time or not...I don't think it does but that's probably because I'm so sensitive to it and it just clings to everything else around it.
I returned mine today for store credit... now just have to figure out what to buy with that money!!

Is it really the item that smells or the box? I purchased a zcp recently and it has smell too. Took it out of the box and discovered that it is the box that smell!