pochette metis or favorite??

best crossbody for daytrips/shopping, favorite mm or pochette metis

• favorite mm

• pochette metis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pochette Metis for sure!!! The favorite has the magnetic closure which I have heard from several people that it's not safe.. it can pop open quite easily!! not good...
the pochette metis is safe, more structured, and has very little vachetta. Pefect size for touristing, shopping, errands, chilling... it's my newest bag and I love her. Even my dog, Tequila, loves her! :roflmfao:
plus, you can easily use her handheld for more formal events, looks very cute
View attachment 2319109

View attachment 2319110
I agree! I had the favorite MM and I loooooove the way it looks, but it was not very secure in my opinion. I recently sold it, and I only carried it a few times. Drove me nuts and it never felt very secure.

These are very different bags. Pochette Metis is just as classic in looks in my opinion, maybe not as dressy. The P. Metis would be useful as an everyday bag, and could most definitely be used for a dressy occasion, but the favorite - in my opinion - looks a little more formal.

Like anything else, if you can, go to a store and play around with both. But, just so you know… one time, I picked up my favorite, and the chain strap happened to get under the flap - just a little bit. I picked it up and it pulled the flap open, flipping the bag upside down, and all the contents fell on the ground. Also if the contents of the bag don't lay just right, it will cause the bag to pucker and then the magnetic flap won't close, it will just stick out.

Hope this all helps! I know several people that love this purse, it is GORGEOUS but I wish someone would have told me all this before I bought mine. :smile:

Metis.

I had the Favorite and the magnet was not strong enough to keep the bag closed. I also didn't like the sound of the chain strap rubbing against the canvas...like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

I"m interested in the Pochette Metis too, but concerned about the length of the straps because I want to wear it cross body. Anyone know how long the strap is?
I don't know exactly how long the strap is, but I am about 5' 4 1/2" slim build, and I was able to wear it cross body on the next to shortest strap when I tried this bag on at the boutique. I think it would be fine on someone taller because there was plenty of room left to extend the strap. HTH! :smile: