Pochette Metis crooked lock after less than 1 year of non-regular use

Thea Rose

Jul 20, 2020
Hi! Does anyone else have a crooked S-lock on theirPochette Metis?

I bought it in October 2019 and have not been wearing it every day, most of the time it has been once or twice a week at its most. I have started noticing the crookedness some time ago, but due to the COVID-19 lockdown that was not my priority of course. More or less once the restrictions have been lifted, in June, I took my bag to the boutique (I am in Vienna, Austria If that matters), and the SA, after having examined it for 20 minutes or so, told me nothing could be done to fix it. He actually took the bag away and, as he said, also asked his colleagues to take a look. They reportedly measured the bag from all sides, to make sure that this was not a manufacturing flaw, and apparently it is not (that’s what he said). When I started inquiring why this had happened, he told me it could have been because of the way I wear the bag, like if I wear it crossbody and it’s tilted on one side, that’s where the crooked lock could be coming from.

Now, I have to admit, I am the kind of person who rarely questions what “experts” tell (kind of stupid, I know), so I “bought” his what now seems to be quite a clumsy explanation, and went home. But ever since then I have been watching all kinds of youtube reviews, I also read a few threads here, some relating to the crooked lock. So far I have only seen complaints about the crooked lock of brand new bag, so I was wondering whether any of you have had this issue after some months/years of wearing the bag? If so, did you manage to get if fixed? I am going to the boutique this Saturday again, and this time I will try to insist that something be done about it. It looks so horrible to me, and it does not matter whether the bag is empty or full, hangs on my shoulder or sits on the table – the lock is crooked all the same way.

I don’t know if that is important, but this was my first and only purchase from LV, so it’s not that I am a cherished VIP client whom they would not want to lose…

Many thanks in advance for all your tips, I am preparing myself mentally for a fight xD

20200722_084709.jpg20200722_084721.jpg

Welcome to TPF :smile: I think your bag looks truly lovely, but I wear hermes and am not an LV person. however, you might get more info from two existing threads:

i prefer my Hermes bags slouchy and kind of lived in, but others that don’t recommend stuffing with the plastic pillows, bubble wrap or other and storing on their sides. . . Also, I personally wouldn’t worry about examining a bag for defects unless it’s a functional issue like the lock popping open (I think in the top thread) but YMMV.

also, you tube videos can make anyone crazy and second guess things JMO

Last edited:
Reactions: Thea Rose
I think your bag looks lovely, but I wear hermes and am not an LV person. however, you might get more info from two existing threads:

i prefer my Hermes bags slouchy and kind of lived in, but others that don’t recommend stuffing with the plastic pillows, bubble wrap or other and storing on their sides. . .

thanks a million for referring me to the threads , super helpful! I am very new to this forum, and still exploring my way around. :smile:

• Love
Reactions: 880
It’s probably an issue from the start. The lock is clearly not aligned at the center that’s why the whole flap is crooked. I saw one like that at the store that is like that. I would return to store because it can’t be something that was caused by you but they might say it is not a defect (when it is clearly a major quality issue). I would say something like it’s been harder and harder for you to close the flap.

627989D8-DD7A-458E-8BA3-F465E6B05DA4.jpeg

Hi! Does anyone else have a crooked S-lock on theirPochette Metis?

I bought it in October 2019 and have not been wearing it every day, most of the time it has been once or twice a week at its most. I have started noticing the crookedness some time ago, but due to the COVID-19 lockdown that was not my priority of course. More or less once the restrictions have been lifted, in June, I took my bag to the boutique (I am in Vienna, Austria If that matters), and the SA, after having examined it for 20 minutes or so, told me nothing could be done to fix it. He actually took the bag away and, as he said, also asked his colleagues to take a look. They reportedly measured the bag from all sides, to make sure that this was not a manufacturing flaw, and apparently it is not (that’s what he said). When I started inquiring why this had happened, he told me it could have been because of the way I wear the bag, like if I wear it crossbody and it’s tilted on one side, that’s where the crooked lock could be coming from.

Now, I have to admit, I am the kind of person who rarely questions what “experts” tell (kind of stupid, I know), so I “bought” his what now seems to be quite a clumsy explanation, and went home. But ever since then I have been watching all kinds of youtube reviews, I also read a few threads here, some relating to the crooked lock. So far I have only seen complaints about the crooked lock of brand new bag, so I was wondering whether any of you have had this issue after some months/years of wearing the bag? If so, did you manage to get if fixed? I am going to the boutique this Saturday again, and this time I will try to insist that something be done about it. It looks so horrible to me, and it does not matter whether the bag is empty or full, hangs on my shoulder or sits on the table – the lock is crooked all the same way.

I don’t know if that is important, but this was my first and only purchase from LV, so it’s not that I am a cherished VIP client whom they would not want to lose…

Many thanks in advance for all your tips, I am preparing myself mentally for a fight xD

View attachment 4796028View attachment 4796029
If you push the flap down on the left side a bit, is the lock no longer crooked? I asked because I'm wondering if the flap has gotten a bit pushed to the side as you've worn it. That might be an easier fix (like just storing it in a certain way) than fighting LV to change the bag.

That said, if that's not the case and the lock is crooked, you should definitely be assertive and get it looked at!

It’s probably an issue from the start. The lock is clearly not aligned at the center that’s why the whole flap is crooked. I saw one like that at the store that is like that. I would return to store because it can’t be something that was caused by you but they might say it is not a defect (when it is clearly a major quality issue). I would say something like it’s been harder and harder for you to close the flap.

View attachment 4796457
Thank you so much, that definitely gives me more confidence in pushing forward!

If you push the flap down on the left side a bit, is the lock no longer crooked? I asked because I'm wondering if the flap has gotten a bit pushed to the side as you've worn it. That might be an easier fix (like just storing it in a certain way) than fighting LV to change the bag.

That said, if that's not the case and the lock is crooked, you should definitely be assertive and get it looked at!
I just tried pushing the flap down, and it does not work. Like the flap does not even move, and the lock certainly remains as crooked as it was. But thank you for suggesting that, was yet another good test to verify that smth is clearly wrong with the bag.

Hello All..

I just purchased my PM in mono and after reading so many past issues with the PM I think I’m overly paranoid. Does my s lock lean a little to the left? I feel like it’s a little crooked but not sure if it’s worth exchanging it or just keep it. Other than that, the bag seems flawless. Thanks for you help. F90E990C-F3C6-4DB0-9914-4B6C487AFC41.jpeg07AFFEAD-F9D0-4A6D-A9BD-CF1A06817E24.jpeg