Plume help....

Shopmom, yes the store is in Via Condotti, off the Piazza di Spagna.. I can certainly keep you updated on what they have...and if there should be one you like, maybe we can work something out..?!? I'll keep you in mind anyway when I go there...remind me more precisely what you're looking for...:flowers:

shopmom - A note on natural color chamonix. According to my store, this leather should be mostly used on sunny days because if it rains, there are times when the rain drops show on the leather.

Veau grain lisse was discontinued in 2002-2003. Hermes soon introduced Epsom as the "new lisse" to replace the old one because the leather was more durable and light-weight.

hermesgroupie said:
To add to what LaVanguardia posted, the lighter colors will also pick up the oils from your hands and with time the handles will darken.

With light-colored bags, I think hand creams also cause a lot of the darkening. I've heard that when you get the bags refurbished, that it is easier to remove normal sweat from your hands rather than the oils and creams that stick as they go under the layers of the leather.

Although I don't really know if this is true. But now, I try to put hand creams only on the top of my hands/nails and not on my palms.

twigz said:
Veau grain lisse was discontinued in 2002-2003. Hermes soon introduced Epsom as the "new lisse" to replace the old one because the leather was more durable and light-weight.
Ohhhhhhhh....I know what Veau Graine Lisse is, just thought she said it was a new leather called just Veau graine. Yup - Epsom replaced this one.
You do tend to see a lot of Epsom Plumes.

WOW! You guys are so great! Thank you for the feedback on the light colored leathers on the Plume (and, I suspect this would be the case on ANY bag style....) I think I'm just gonna plan on walzing into the H store one day to find the Plume of my dreams sitting on the shelf just waiting for me....who knows WHAT color she'll be. It'll just be an arrow through the heart and that'll be that....:heart:

Shopmom, I wanted to share some pics of my plume 32 compared to my birkin 35 and of it worn in case it is of any help. I am 5' 9". Good luck in your search! The perfect plume will come your way!

Attachments

• toiles.jpg
    toiles.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 67
  • toilepose2.jpg
    toilepose2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 69
  • toilepose3.jpg
    toilepose3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 68
Sofibella said:
Shopmom, I wanted to share some pics of my plume 32 compared to my birkin 35 and of it worn in case it is of any help. I am 5' 9". Good luck in your search! The perfect plume will come your way!

Thanks for the pictures. I am considering a 32cm Plume and I am 5'8". I am glad to hear you are 5'9", I was starting to feel like a giant here.:P

Christy....what beautiful bags!!! Stunning! I love the toile/leather combo's....thank you for posting the pics and YES they do help a lot!

OMG to be anything over 5'3" would be a DREAM! Maybe in my next life.....you know, the one where I'll be 5'8" and all legs with VB's collection of Hermes bags at my fingertips....not to mention her husband, too....

shopmom411 said:
OMG to be anything over 5'3" would be a DREAM! Maybe in my next life.....you know, the one where I'll be 5'8" and all legs with VB's collection of Hermes bags at my fingertips....not to mention her husband, too....
You really crack me up..!! I wouldn't mind that either in my next life...I would even leave you VB's husband...not my type!:roflmfao: