Plotting for Paris....which H-bag to bring?

Another thought... What airline are you taking? Can you carry a handbag separate from your carry-on or does it need to fit inside??? Might impact how many bags you take... Just thinking because the last time I took BA...only one carry-on was allowed (handbag counted as the one!!! Ugh!!!)...

SoCal--I am also taking British Airways--are you serious--one handbag and that includes your purse??? I guess I'm just going to have to stuff my Pliages. Thanks for bringing that up. You've saved me a lot of grief!

Millstream--good point...I'll have to think about that one some more

Bluxcape & Pepper---Bolide is out for a test run this week

Wingnut--That's incredible....two 35s in a Pliages. Please tell me there was no folding happening.

Style101-I'm with you on the Lindy--I think its width is deterring me from putting it on the top of the list right now, although it'll be fantastic for storing quite a bit. I'm sure I'll be doing some shopping over there---it's going to be very hard to control myself that's for sure! :sweatdrop:

Orchids...I last flew BA in November...they were quite firm about the ONE carry-one bag per person restriction at that time...I did have to carry my Birkin inside the Longchamp

Looking at the current website...it seems in some cases they now allow a carry-on AND a laptop or briefcase... But...it also indicates that passengers travelling through UK can only carry on ONE bag??? Very confusing...

You know you could get both the Trim and the Kelly in the Pilages if you wanted. I hate the thought of putting anything of value in a checked piece. Last trip I took, I put my Chanel Jacket and Drag bag in my carryon. I have those little TSB locks that are allowed and I use them for the checked luggage. May be dumb, but it makes me feel better.

You know you could get both the Trim and the Kelly in the Pilages if you wanted. I hate the thought of putting anything of value in a checked piece. Last trip I took, I put my Chanel Jacket and Drag bag in my carryon. I have those little TSB locks that are allowed and I use them for the checked luggage. May be dumb, but it makes me feel better.

Good idea GK; if I can only have one carry-on, I may just have to bring the Trim and the Kelly, both are small enough to fit into the Pliages.

Too funny SoCal....I was just on the BA website too; it's a bit unclear. I may have to call to see what the scoop is.
orchids, I just flew them this month and it's definitely 1 carry-on only. You should have seen the line of distressed women at departures trying to stuff their handbags into their carry-on bags. Not pretty. Luckily I didn't see anyone trying this with a kelly.:wtf: Of course, if you take a large pliage to stuff as many bags as you like inside. Make sure your carry on meets the size restrictions on the site too, as some people were told theirs was too big(!) Of course, restrictions on liquids & gels etc (incl. mascara!) still in place.

Wingnut--That's incredible....two 35s in a Pliages. Please tell me there was no folding happening.

There was no folding, but if it helps one is togo and the other Clemence so there was a lot of give. It was a bear to juggle it though, and I'd rather not do it again!

I am so jealous of your trip to Paris!

saligator--LOL!
xquisite--you're a gem; thanks for confirming. I'm very grateful that SoCal and you brought this up. I would definitely have been one of those distressed women trying to shove her Kelly in her carry on. :cry:
chocolat--going for leisure! can't wait!
wingnut--that's still incredible! this is my first overseas trip in years so I'm looking forward to it.

thanks for all the great ideas and opinions. I think I'm axing the Bolide because the distance between the bag and the shoulder strap makes it feel heavier to me...even with just a few things in there. Of course DH pointed out I have two heavy cadenas hanging from there so that probably doesn't help.

I'll be trying the Lindy next over the next few days, but I think the Trim may have an edge due to the silhouette.

Orchids, besides the carry-on rules flying in and out of the UK (I assume you have to change planes at Heathrow since you're flying BA), check the website for their checked baggage rules.

BA recently changed their checked luggage rules so that for non-US flights there are restrictions both on the number of bags you can check (1 in economy, 2 in biz, 3 in 1st) and there's also a weight restriction on the bag (23kg). It's not applicable for flights to the US - tho even here they've become stricter - but since you're doing a European sector with them, those rules would apply to you.

I was checking in for a flight to Nice recently from Heathrow and even biz and 1st class passengers were having huge problems because BA was sticking to its guns on the luggage policy. No leeway.