Please slap some sense into me!!!! I BEG you!!! (Chanel bag!!)

Sorry to be discouraging but you woldn't be done for a long time :smile: You will want another bag in a month and your next bag will be more expensive that you had before.
Ask me how I know.

I second this!! :Push: ;)

The bottom line - if you want the bag and buying it does not limit your ability to provide for your family, pay bills, etc, then don't ruminate over it. It is okay to treat ourselves once in a while without feeling guilty.

You will know when you try it on if it is meant to be - if you feel you would regret leaving it at the store, then don't -

Either way, I do understand how you feel - I too just bought a second hand Chanel bag, it will be my first and I am really hoping I love it too!!

Well I just called and said I cannot do it. While I do have the money, I cannot justify purchasing the bag. Can't do it. Plus I saw a really bad knock off yesterday at a store and I HATE that.

SuLi- do you want me to call and have it held for you??

Well I just called and said I cannot do it. While I do have the money, I cannot justify purchasing the bag. Can't do it. Plus I saw a really bad knock off yesterday at a store and I HATE that.

SuLi- do you want me to call and have it held for you??

Good for you.

Listen, I'll enable as much as the next gal (seriously, I should be :bagslap:) but if the money gives you hesitency, and your DH has qualms, you should always consider it much harder. I LOVE bags, but if my DH had problems with me getting one, I'd never do it. Our relationship is MUCH more important than me having a bag.

That said, if it was important to me, I'd explain why and try to bring him around. Individuality is important. But relationships ARE compromise... you'd want to know what he was thinking if he showed up with an expensive flat screen if you already had a tv, right? Have honest discussions and have him on board before you buy large purchases... then he'll do the same for you, and it builds trust.

Just MHO. I love bags. But I love my DH more :heart:

See, my husband does not have any expensive hobbies or buys ANYTHING expensive- at least not to my knowledge. He isn't like that at all.

Meanwhile, here I am, buying Balenciaga bag after Balenciaga bag (and of course now I am selling most of them due to feeling guilty!). I would NOT enjoy the bag and I am sick of feeling bad or guilty (even though I am working, we pay all our bills on time, etc....).

If I really, really wanted this bag, I am sure he would finally agree. Actually I think if I told him the bag was a Joe Schmow bag he would be Ok with it. In his eyes, since it's a "Chanel" bag, it's a status symbol and who needs it.

Good for you.

Listen, I'll enable as much as the next gal (seriously, I should be :bagslap:) but if the money gives you hesitency, and your DH has qualms, you should always consider it much harder. I LOVE bags, but if my DH had problems with me getting one, I'd never do it. Our relationship is MUCH more important than me having a bag.

That said, if it was important to me, I'd explain why and try to bring him around. Individuality is important. But relationships ARE compromise... you'd want to know what he was thinking if he showed up with an expensive flat screen if you already had a tv, right? Have honest discussions and have him on board before you buy large purchases... then he'll do the same for you, and it builds trust.

Just MHO. I love bags. But I love my DH more :heart:

Well said!

I am a huge Chanel fan and I don't have a problem paying the big bucks for them.

That said, I don't care for the Coco Cabas at all. I think there are much nicer bags out there for the price. If you are at all iffy, I wouldn't keep it. That is way too much to spend on a bag you're not sure of. I think that it can be a great bag for some to just throw all your stuff in and go.

Well, if you're going to get it anyway, you might as well get it before the price increase! Personally, I'd rather spend $1000 on 2 different bags or get one bag for around $1000 and put the rest in savings. Whenever I make a large purchase, I try to put the same amount in savings as well. Keep in mind, I said try, not always.

If you can afford it enough to not feel bad about it, then go for it!

See, my husband does not have any expensive hobbies or buys ANYTHING expensive- at least not to my knowledge. He isn't like that at all.

Meanwhile, here I am, buying Balenciaga bag after Balenciaga bag (and of course now I am selling most of them due to feeling guilty!). I would NOT enjoy the bag and I am sick of feeling bad or guilty (even though I am working, we pay all our bills on time, etc....).

If I really, really wanted this bag, I am sure he would finally agree. Actually I think if I told him the bag was a Joe Schmow bag he would be Ok with it. In his eyes, since it's a "Chanel" bag, it's a status symbol and who needs it.

Why do you purchase a bag if you feel guilty afterwards?

Have you sold bags before when you felt guilty?

Socalgem, I get caught up in the moment, like- wow this bag is in sale, I must buy it, or people are raving on a bag so I purchase it to check it out. Then I get hit with buyers remorse.

Yes, I have sold quite a number of my bags recently. I just shipped most of my Balenciaga's to Ann's Fabulous Finds (an online consignment store). I went nuts buying way too many bags and I am feeling great that I have scaled down my collection.

I came thisclose to buying the Chanel but I am remaining strong :yahoo:

Socalgem, I get caught up in the moment, like- wow this bag is in sale, I must buy it, or people are raving on a bag so I purchase it to check it out. Then I get hit with buyers remorse.

Yes, I have sold quite a number of my bags recently. I just shipped most of my Balenciaga's to Ann's Fabulous Finds (an online consignment store). I went nuts buying way too many bags and I am feeling great that I have scaled down my collection.

I came thisclose to buying the Chanel but I am remaining strong :yahoo:

I hope you don't take this as being mean or anything.

But maybe you need to look into why you get caught up in the moment and feel the need to buy. There might be more going on then the need to have a bag.

Chanel bags rock!

Socalgem- you aren't being mean at all. I actually posted this response earlier:

Again, thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I've decided not to purchase the bag. In fact, I am going to call my SA today and ask to return the bag, sight unseen. I don't even want to see it, less I am tempted yet again.

I made a pact with myself that I would not purchase another bag until I lost 5 pounds (I'm down 2.4) but the main reason is that I do not want to spend that much on a bag right now. I made myself sick going crazy over Balenciaga and now here I am, selling them for far less than I paid.

I'm trying to get to the root of the issue- why am I so obsessed with bags? Why the urge to buy bag after bag?

I think the resale value of the balenciaga bags are actually really good on ebay compare to other brands....

I have sold my balenciaga for 80% of the price I paid for... (but then there is ebay fees and stuff)

I don't know how Ann's Fab Find works... but Ebay might be a good way if you are losing too much money....

Good Luck~!!

Socalgem- you aren't being mean at all. I actually posted this response earlier:

I made a pact with myself that I would not purchase another bag until I lost 5 pounds (I'm down 2.4) but the main reason is that I do not want to spend that much on a bag right now. I made myself sick going crazy over Balenciaga and now here I am, selling them for far less than I paid.

I'm trying to get to the root of the issue- why am I so obsessed with bags? Why the urge to buy bag after bag?

Congrats on the weight loss. And I do hope you figure out why.

Think about it this way, it's a bag that holds your stuff and has a chanel logo. And you pay over $2K for it. Essentially for the Chanel logo, 'cause anything else will hold your stuff just as well for helluva lot less.