Please share your costume jewelry!

I know many here have expensive luxury jewellery from famous brands but I want to start a thread for all of us proud owners of costume jewellery. I see no problem owning and wearing good quality "fake" jewellery instead of splurging on expensive stuff, even though I do own expensive pieces too. I still find wearing the more affordable pieces easier and more care-free than running to the bank to fetch my diamonds and other gems from the vault whenever there's an occasion to wear them.

I know many royals and aristocrats even wear copies of their priceless pieces on festive occasions especially when they travel simply because there's less of a risk. This article was interesting:

COSTUME JEWELRY IN THE GEORGIAN ERA

I just received a lovely cz riviere necklace today with beautiful heart-shaped stones and I couldn't be happier. Would I love to own a real one with diamonds? Yes and no. Buying a similar one with about 50 carats of diamonds would cost me an arm and a leg and I cannot imagine how much I'd worry losing it.
Also, I feel a bit better wearing fake knowing that Princess Margaret had a few costume pieces that were sold after her death so looks like she wasn't shunning costume jewellery either:

A WHITE PASTE RIVIERE

Feel free to share your thoughts and your pieces. If there is already another thread about this topic (couldn't find one), please do merge this one with it.
I own and collect every kind and type of jewelry made and I love it all. I collect new costume, designer costume, cheap customer, vintage costume, high end collector costume, antique costume, out and out fake stuff made to look like the real thing, along with fine jewelry, vintage fine jewelry and antique fine jewelry. Then there are my handmade pieces that are new that don't fit into any of the other categories easily. My faux and costume pieces (there is a difference in my opinion) make me feel just as beautiful as my fine jewelry. Many costume pieces especially designer costume, are more expensive than most fine jewelry. A lot of fine jewelry is really just junk that will go out of style and be worth no more than melt value, whereas some costume pieces are exquisitely made heirloom quality treasures. So I reject the snobbery associated with fine jewelry. Wear what makes you feel beautiful.

Lol, I'm sorry but that's a silly rule. Emeralds, pearls, opals are all too delicate to shower in. But surgical-grade stainless steel would be perfectly fine.
I agree. I own emerald, pearls and opals and I wouldn't dream of showering, sleeping, cleaning, vacuuming, exercising, cooking or even taking in the groceries in any of them. Actually I won't do any of those things wearing any of my jewelry, except my gold band wedding ring which I never remove.

The first thing I do when I come in the house is take off all my jewelry. The last thing I do before I leave is put on my jewelry. Wearing it around the house, scratches up your pieces and ruins them.

My mother used to wear her engagement ring 24/7 and when I was a little girl I heard her screaming for me to come into the bathroom. I opened the door and my mother was standing there wearing just a towel and she was holding out her left hand and I saw the ugliest thing I could imagine, four empty prongs. She was hysterical lamenting that there was no use as she had cleaned the bathtub with Ajax and rinsed it out. I knelt down and instantly I saw her one carat diamond (that was back when no one had a full carat diamond) sparkling in the gritty tub. I picked it up and handed it to her. Knowing what I know now, the Ajax acted as a lubricant and just slipped the stone from the setting. The same thing can happen if you garden in your jewelry. The soil just rubs the stones right out of the setting.

So I am very careful with all my jewelry not just the costume pieces that might tarnish.

• Insightful
Reactions: CaliSunShine
Not sure how I missed this thread, but I think costume jewelry serves a different purpose than fine or high jewelry. My daily wear is generally dainty fine jewelry as I like not having to worry about tarnishing metal, but I enjoy costume jewelry when I want something bolder without having to fret too much about it. Plus, it's easier to find things in my favorite color, hot pink.

Here are a few of my favorites in my collection:
View attachment 5109856View attachment 5109857View attachment 5109858View attachment 5109861View attachment 5109862
You have such beautiful hands! The rose gold bracelet with the gypsy set stones looks like fine jewelry. It is beautiful either way. All your pieces are lovely. The dragon pendant necklace looks like fine jewelry too. The enamel bracelet reminds me of Les Nereides pieces. I have a few of their earrings and necklaces too. I want a bracelet but I have been waiting for just the right piece. I love to wear the necklaces layered with fine jewelry. If I think a fine piece is too dressy, I will layer it with my Les Nereides pieces and it really helps make the fine pieces look more fun. I think you might like Michal Negrin pieces as well. I love them and get more compliments on my Negrin pieces than any other jewelry I wear except my 8mm CZ earrings. Those get a lot of compliments too. You can trust the Negrin pieces on eBay, but sadly nearly all or maybe all the Les Nereides on eBay is fake. Thank you for sharing your pieces. I would love to do it too if I could figure out how to air drop photos from my phone to my computer.

Reactions: leechiyong
You have such beautiful hands! The rose gold bracelet with the gypsy set stones looks like fine jewelry. It is beautiful either way. All your pieces are lovely. The dragon pendant necklace looks like fine jewelry too. The enamel bracelet reminds me of Les Nereides pieces. I have a few of their earrings and necklaces too. I want a bracelet but I have been waiting for just the right piece. I love to wear the necklaces layered with fine jewelry. If I think a fine piece is too dressy, I will layer it with my Les Nereides pieces and it really helps make the fine pieces look more fun. I think you might like Michal Negrin pieces as well. I love them and get more compliments on my Negrin pieces than any other jewelry I wear except my 8mm CZ earrings. Those get a lot of compliments too. You can trust the Negrin pieces on eBay, but sadly nearly all or maybe all the Les Nereides on eBay is fake. Thank you for sharing your pieces. I would love to do it too if I could figure out how to air drop photos from my phone to my computer.
Thank you!

I do like Michal Negrin pieces. It's been awhile, but I loved visiting the boutique in Las Vegas before it closed whenever I was there. The pieces are so distinct and romantic.

Another fashion jewelry designer I love is Holly Yashi. She uses niobium to produce uniquely colored pieces.

Reactions: USCGirlie