Please share your costume jewelry!

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
Mods, I don't know if this thread is appropriate here, so delete if it's not!

I'm thinking about buying a big ring, but since I don't want to splurge money on real jewelry I'm thinking about costume jewelry. I want something flashy, bling - bling. I'm curious to know if you buy costume jewelry and if you have any site or Etsy seller to advise. Thank you!

nope, i'm not into costume jewelry. i like to keep my jewelry for a loooooooong time so i buy classic pieces that i can wear forever so i'd rather save up and splurge on fine jewelry.

I am really not a fan of costume jewelry at all. all of my jewelry is either 14k gold or sterling silver. that being said, I just recently fell in love with wanting a 14k bangle bracelet but couldn't afford it, i went looking on Etsy since so many people here seem to love to shop there. i ended up buying 2 different sets of gold bangle bracelets from a woman named Allison mooney, they are gorgeous and look so real! Not sure this will change me into a costume jewelry person since these are the only costume pieces I own, but, her stuff is magnificent!

Mods, I don't know if this thread is appropriate here, so delete if it's not!

I'm thinking about buying a big ring, but since I don't want to splurge money on real jewelry I'm thinking about costume jewelry. I want something flashy, bling - bling. I'm curious to know if you buy costume jewelry and if you have any site or Etsy seller to advise. Thank you!

is there any other kind? LOL

I think I only have one pair of real earrings everything else is costume. I like to switch out a LOT. EVERYDAY. So real jewelry wouldn't work for me.

It always seems like the cheapest pair become my favorite .lOL

Reactions: KaththeeT
Yes I buy costume jewelery , I just don't mix it with real.
This is a "pearl" necklace I was wearing on New Year's party.
P1040786.jpg

It's price, only 8 euros.
I buy them locally from a big store with all kinds of costume jewelry, I can't recommend an online store.

I have bought costume since I was a teenager. I have pieces dating back to the 1880s, so they certainly do stand the test of time, even more modern pieces. And I love mixing them up with gold and silver.

For a fun cocktail ring that won't cost much, try Forever XXI. For more $, Swarovski does some great things. Also check antique and vintage shows, which are always fun to browse.

I have a lot of lovely jewelry...mostly with diamonds. But I saw the Sorrelli line of costume jewelry at Norstrom's and bought a necklace/earring set. Made with Swarovski crystals...the jewelry pops. Everyone comments, really fun jewelry!!!

I don't usually do costume jewellery but I am starting to appreciate them a lot more now, especially the vintage brooches. I know that I am limiting myself by not buying online but I really like to touch the items before buying. Besides, it is really fun to browse through vintage/antique shops on a lazy afternoon with a girlfriend or two.

I think some of the best antique/vintage shops I've ever been into was out in Victoria and Quebec City.

I don't usually do costume jewellery but I am starting to appreciate them a lot more now, especially the vintage brooches. I know that I am limiting myself by not buying online but I really like to touch the items before buying. Besides, it is really fun to browse through vintage/antique shops on a lazy afternoon with a girlfriend or two.

I think some of the best antique/vintage shops I've ever been into was out in Victoria and Quebec City.

i love vintage brooches too! :biggrin: I get cool ones from this lady on etsy and then use them to hold cardigans closed in the front (like at my waist).

I don't buy any other costume jewellery, really. I don't want to turn green!

Costume works if the pieces are well made and classy, classic, or vintage. I love seeing pieces like these on women. Costume is loads of fun and very expressive.
The kiddie styles will look silly on anyone other than a child. Young women can get away with those styles, not older women IMHO.