Please Read This! These Might Be Threats Against Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dani said:
ummm.

seems a little far-fetched.

Also, I'd watch out for "terrorist" attack warnings in the near future.Our government is beyond corrupt at the moment and will definitly use our fear of terrorists to their advantage.

Anyone hear about Bush's plans to unite the US with Canada and Mexio into one big happy...whatever?

ew.
I couldn't agree more. Fear sells his agenda, not intelligence!!!

lilian said:
I did a quick Google search and apparently it's just a BBC Ad campaign designed to remind people of the importance of international news.

Whilst the first and second creative approaches communicate BBC World’s core strength of impartiality, the third focuses on the truly global content the channel will bring to U.S. viewers. "News Beyond Your Borders" is about reminding Americans that there is news outside America and that BBC World gives its viewers that global perspective. It will appear from 5th June, via posters and interior cards on commuter rail network. Each ad is a puzzle, which at first glance appears to be a vaguely familiar map, but on further examination reveals a new and arresting image - a soldier with a gun; a health worker holding an infected bird; a hostage being detained; and a city under water.

The execution will also appear as an insert in the Financial Times and Newsday in June.

So, no threat. :smile:

(EDIT, From: http://www.bbcworld.com/content/template_clickpage.asp?pageid=2801&home=1)
Thank God. I was freaking out!:yes:

“Weird how the UK isn’t there considering its supposed to be a British company”

Not really, the map clearly states countries where BBC World transmits, & BBC world doesn’t transmit in the UK so why would it list it?

“On the right, below that figure, you can make out a peace sign”

Really? Cos I see the Playboy bunny.

“You will see another masked figure. The figure appears to also be wearing boots, perhaps indicating a suit of sorts. In his hands, are two dead birds. They look like turkeys. Now turkeys can always be associated with America…the pilgrims and Native American’s feast. Why is he masked though, possibly because those birds are infected with something deadly? “

What like the world wide problem of Bird Flu?? Because that certainly is real. Not too sure of it being a terrorist plot though, seeing as the ‘creator’ of the virus would have no way to select which people got it which didn’t, considering its spread.

“
On the far right, you will see a “lake” in the shape of an aircraft”

Looks like a booted leg to me.

My point it is that its all perspective & totally into the individual as to what they see & how they interpret that. What you see as a ‘peace sign’ could easily be seen as a swearing signal by many.

And as you can see by the other persons finding, is just an advertising from the BBC making a very good point, that there is news outside of America that most Americans are unaware of. Or are you suggesting that the BBC is a terroist organisation? (well, I suppose they do inflict Eastenders on us....)

I'm all for questioning the government, police, laws heck everythign! you should NEVER just believe what someone says (particularly a 'ruling' party) you should however do some research before going public with 'out-there' theories & conspiracies or you'll just be laughed out of town!

:flowers:

lilian said:
I did a quick Google search and apparently it's just a BBC Ad campaign designed to remind people of the importance of international news.

Whilst the first and second creative approaches communicate BBC World’s core strength of impartiality, the third focuses on the truly global content the channel will bring to U.S. viewers. "News Beyond Your Borders" is about reminding Americans that there is news outside America and that BBC World gives its viewers that global perspective. It will appear from 5th June, via posters and interior cards on commuter rail network. Each ad is a puzzle, which at first glance appears to be a vaguely familiar map, but on further examination reveals a new and arresting image - a soldier with a gun; a health worker holding an infected bird; a hostage being detained; and a city under water.

The execution will also appear as an insert in the Financial Times and Newsday in June.

So, no threat. :smile:

(EDIT, From: http://www.bbcworld.com/content/template_clickpage.asp?pageid=2801&home=1)

Great job solving the mystery! I had a feeling it was something like this. I honestly didn't think it was a threat or anything sinister at all. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

OMG, the funniest thing about all this is, if you really thought this was some kind of terrorist threat you alone uncovered, WHY on earth are you reporting it to the purse board, and not the FBI?? If you see something, say something, and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.