Please identify this bag... Nordstrom Autumn's Allure Sept 2006

Seems pretty dumb to use a bag they don't even carry in their ad. Did the "suits" in the corporate office even consider the fact that someone might inquire about the bag if they put it in their ad? I think not.

njb,I've been searching for this bag for the both of us with no luck :hysteric: .
I did come upon this Cole Haan bag that kinda pretty :smile: .If by chance I can track it down I'll drop you a private message ;) .

njb,I've been searching for this bag for the both of us with no luck :hysteric: .
I did come upon this Cole Haan bag that kinda pretty :smile: .If by chance I can track it down I'll drop you a private message ;) .
Hi Cat,
Thanks for looking too! :P I've about given up hope on the mystery bag... Unless it shows up somewhere, we may never know what it is! But also thanks for the pic of the cole haan. It is a pretty bag. But I think it's not quite the right size/shape for what I'm looking to do with it. I'm looking to go back to work soon, and I need a decent size bag like a tote or satchel, but the straps must be long enough, and flat, for my shoulders. I have fairly big rounded shoulders and many bags have straps that are too small or slide down a lot. I hate that! And I don't like to use handheld bags, I need to have my hands free... Anyway, I hope we find that mystery bag, it is nice looking.

I saw a LC bag at Macys yesterday that was a dead ringer for this bag.They didn't have any left in black but the brown on looked pretty good for an inexpensive bag.

I saw a LC bag at Macys yesterday that was a dead ringer for this bag.They didn't have any left in black but the brown on looked pretty good for an inexpensive bag.

I'll have to check out macy's, Is LC Liz Claiborne? Do you know if it's leather? I don't car about the name as much as the quality....

Thanks, I'm still looking for the perfect bag!

Thank you to everyone who tried to identify this bag for me. I finally found it online at Nordies! :yahoo: I guess they finally decided to carry this bag...
For anyone who might be interested, it's by Via Republica. I hope they carry it in the store for me to see IRL.
Via Republica Italian Leather Satchel $488.00
Here's their description:

Fabulous bag in croc-embossed Italian leather gleams with goldtone hardware.

_5276238.jpg
_5276239.jpg

Has anyone ever heard of via republica?

OK, I have seen the bag, and I soooooooooo wanted to LOVE it after looking for it and wanting it so bad... But the fact is that Bluegenie (who kindly replied to my other post asking about the quality of via republica bags) was right. It was not all that! Cute - but looks better in the picture. Quality was so-so. Zippers and pocket in front are not functional at all. The front pocket is too small for a phone (or anything at all), and the zippered pockets on the front and side are too small for anything too. The zippers don't glide well, as Blugenie had said. The bag felt nice to me, not too stiff, but it didn't look like a $500.00 bag. I expected more!
I ended up buying this Kenneth Cole New York bag (in the large size) instead, but I'm not sure if I love it. It's soft and smushy, but it was $404.00 with tax, and I'm not sure that it looks that expensive... And it's made in China. That ticks me off a bit. For the money, it should be a bit nicer, I think... Will think about it - I may return it later...

_5277663.jpg