Please help with this impossible decision! Boite Chapeau Souple or Clapton Backpack?

Clapton Back pack or Boite Chapeau Souple

• Backpack

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • Boite

Votes: 73 82.0%

• Total voters
Maybe glaze is the wrong word. It’s the paint or resin inside the long loops on the strap on the backside of the strap, I would say over half of them had what looked like splashes of red paint to the point some of them felt rough. I think I could have overlooked that but I was pretty concerned with a popped stitch and wether it could worsen, and also it was brand new so It shouldn’t have these issues. Was made in Italy.
Currently trying to convince myself I will like the Pochette Metis, sigh.
I am sorry. But don’t settle if you lie this bag.

op, just thinking about your situation, i would not settle for any bag that you do not love. i would either be patient and try to find another boite, or be patient until you find a bag that makes your heart sing : )

Wow! I’m so sorry it wasn’t a good one! Where was the glazing problem?
My SA might be able to get you one if you change your mind- she seems to miraculously get them- also the pochette metis:smile:
Hi chloebagfreak, if you wouldn’t mind helping me with your SA info I would greatly appreciate it :flowers:
I really hope to repurchase the Boite but if not, Metis Noir preferably MIF will make for a great daily carry. Thank you so much for your help!

Reactions: chloebagfreak
Well, today I purchased The Boite Chapeau Souple, through SA in LV boutique. It should arrive by this Saturday:smile:
Does anyone have any feed back and update on wear and tear? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated . Thanks!

Hi, I’d be happy to give you her info, but do you still need it? Sounds like you got one? So excited for you!
I don’t have any wear and tear to notice yet:smile:
I was hoping to hunt down a Pochette Metis in Reverse :smile: I purchased one and the lock was very noticeably off center, so I had to return it. It feels like i have a better chance of tracking down a unicorn
Thank you in advance:smile:

+ Boite Chapeau Souple. I love mine! It’s easily one of my top 5 fav in my handbag collection. It’s so lightweight so it’s great for everyday. Crossbody, off the shoulder or actually there’s a way to wear it as a backpack also (discovered on Instagram)! I personally wouldn’t get the Clapton because the clasp alone. Getting anything in and out of the bag would be a hassle every time

Can anyone who owns the bag tell me how your bag is holding up? Any regrets?

have had this bag for over a year now, no regrets. it is definitely a fun bag to wear and one of the cutest designs LV has come up with in a long time. i wear it on weekends mainly as my work bag is more nondescript.

Vachetta holding up nicely (it seems treated a bit, as it came in a honey color when I bought it and not the pale pale untreated leather look). actually, the leather looks pretty much the same as I've gotten it. one exception is b/c the pocket is all leather, I got caught in a drizzle and there are light water marks but only when I look closely - not enough distinction for anyone not holding your bag up to their eyes to see

it's a very effortless bag and falls perfectly at the hips for me. the tag is so cute and I love the lock on the zipper.

have had this bag for over a year now, no regrets. it is definitely a fun bag to wear and one of the cutest designs LV has come up with in a long time. i wear it on weekends mainly as my work bag is more nondescript.

Vachetta holding up nicely (it seems treated a bit, as it came in a honey color when I bought it and not the pale pale untreated leather look). actually, the leather looks pretty much the same as I've gotten it. one exception is b/c the pocket is all leather, I got caught in a drizzle and there are light water marks but only when I look closely - not enough distinction for anyone not holding your bag up to their eyes to see

it's a very effortless bag and falls perfectly at the hips for me. the tag is so cute and I love the lock on the zipper.
Is it hard to get things in and out?
Do you scratch your shin or jewelry when taking your hand out?

Is it hard to get things in and out?
Do you scratch your shin or jewelry when taking your hand out?

personally I don’t think so. The zipper is “softer” than say that of my Chanel vanity case. And bc the bag is made of canvas I feel like it’s easy for me to slip my hand in there. About the jewelry, I’m not too sure of of bc I wear my watch and bracelets on my left hand and my purse is always on my right hip.

I love the fact that the round bag is rigid enough and keeps its shape to allow me to leave the zipper unzipped but everything is covered and nothing can risk slipping out. Whereas... something like my vanity requires that I always close it to look right. Not to mention the rigid ness of the vanity when I’m trying to push my hand into it. It means that altho this external pocket on the boite is like only good for like lol cards or something, you can slip your phone into the bag and grab it easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: karylicious