Please Help! Why did the SA's shoe (sp) me away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gs..at what point did I ask them to incur the cost? Do you know how to read and comprehend? Go look at my post..nowhere in it did it say ANYTHING about wanting them to incur the cost. I went in there ASKING them if I knew where to have it repiared while I was in there picking up my wallet that I ordered.

I became upset when they said there was nowhere it could be repaired. It was only after I got home and called them where they immediatly offered up that it could be sent into Coach (but that it probably wasn't repairable). It was never an opition at the store, which is why I made the post in the FIRST place, so that I could see if anyone else knew what their policy was so I could send it off to get fixed. Never did i EVER mention them needing to pay for it. My whole goal was to just find out WHERE I could get it fixed. And there's something wrong with that?

Wow..what has the world come to, where a lady can't walk into a store and ask them where her product they produced can be fixed. I'm going to hell for that one.

I call BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you bought a BRAND NEW Jeep and you drove it for 4 days and then you broke (for example) your rear view mirror by accident or if it came unglued, you WOULD not be taking it to a mechanic. Your a$$ would be right back at that dealership asking them how you can get it fixed. Point blank.

I'm not going to argue with you. I'm a grown woman and I'm not going to engage in your immaturity. You can chose to sit here and argue with yourself from here on out.
OP you have two different scenarios here. If I break anything on my car, even if I have only had it for 1 minute, it is my responsibility to pay to fix it, not the dealers. I may very well have the dealership fix it, but I pay them to do so. Never mind that any time I break anything on a car it is an accident, I still pay.
If something comes unglued on a 4 day old car, however, that is a manufacturing defect and yes, I would expect the dealership to fix it for free.
What people are saying is, based on the info you provided in your posts, you are asking Coach to fix damage that looks like wear and tear to the majority of members. And I don't care how much you baby your bags, damage can still happen- that's why they are called accidents!
I can see how you would be upset to have damage to a new bag- it's distressing, especially when you are careful and love your bag. Yes, maybe the store was not very helpful to you. But some of your posts come across as expecting to be compensated for wear and tear, versus receiving appropriate help to fix the problem, and that is where people are getting upset.

I dont understand where they are getting that from? My first post says nothing about wanting to get compensated. I went in there asking where I could get it fixed (they literally shoed me way) and that is what upset me. So I got hom..made my post because I wanted to see if anyone else knew what the policy was becaus I wanted to find out where I could get my bag fixed....Nowhere did I say I expected them to pay for it. I DID however expect them to treat me as nice as they do when I come in there and shell out $1k on purses. But they didn't. They didn't even suggest sending it to Coach--it wasn't even an opition. They just shoed me away with "all the bags do that overtime" and that was it.

Nowhere in that store or in my post did I say anthing about wanting them to pay for it. HELLO...I went in there asking where I could send it-while I was picking up something I ordered. Period.

I only GOT upset when I left there feeling like they didn't tell me something. When in fact they didn't. It was only after calling them did they even suggest that I could send it in to Coach. But yet, which was what I wanted to hear in the first place. I didn't know that exsisted but I had a feeling that had to know SOMEWHERE I could send it. Even if it would get rejected to being fixed.
What is wrong with that?

Now...after talking to them, they realized they should've been more helpful, but she credited that to being busy at the time. The store manager was the one who offered 40% off or to exchange it. I didn't say "COMPENSATE me because my bag is messed up". I was upset because I spend a whole lot of $ in there and they couldn't even guide me in the right direction. I felt as if I can come in there and drop $400 on a purse, that it should've lasted, and if I came in there asking where I can get it fixed, they should be more helpful instead of just telling me NO and end of story.

NOWHERE DID I ASK THEM TO PAY FOR ANYTHING! Period. It was only after the fact that they told me even if it would come back from Coach as rejected that they'd still do the 40% and I didn't even care about that..I jus wanted to get my bag fixed...and if it couldn't be fixed I'd at least know that based on their judgement!!

Jeesh people.

OP,
This board (as many others) can have a very sharp learning curve for a new poster.

I'll try to break down some scenarios for you really quick to detail why this topic can and did get so heated.

1. Person buys purse, purse has known and significant defects (turnlock falls off, peeling of sealant, fraying of fabric) that occurs almost immediately or w/in a month's time (approx). Coach offers full replacement or reimbursement, person takes it.
2. Person buys purse, purse has SOME known defects but also suffers normal wear and tear (scuffs on the bottom, loss of color on the bottom edges, scratches on hardware) and takes it to Coach. Coach may or may not offer full replacement or reimbursement or 40% off.
3. Person buys purse, purse has no known defects but shows severe wear and tear whether bought a year ago or 7. Person takes it to Coach, expects them to fix it/repair it or clean it. Coach may or may not offer replacement value, 40% off or nothing at all.

Obviously options 2 and 3 are where people get most upset here on the boards, where there is a "grey area" between what's considered reasonable for the company to "absorb the $ loss" and what's customer abuse of the policy to try to do the customer right at almost ALL turns.

Just looking at all of the 40% off letters that are sold on ebay tells me that it's a policy that might be widely abused, or maybe there really is some severe quality issues with the bags for a large amount of people. I think at some point, and I HOPE at some point Coach revisits the policy so that they can reduce the amount of abuse that people have caused and yet still offer the ability to resolve a customer's concerns that's fair to both sides.

Thanks for breaking that down Bunny. Obviously I am a 'new poster'. I have been a Coach lover for years, but just recently started looking online to find others who are just as in love as I am. While I am a dedicated Coach girl, I am obviously not as dedicated as those who post of forums and have personal realationships with other Coach lovers vis TPF. So yes I am new to this and I was obviously unaware that my innocent inquire would cause such an upware.

I have gotten NOTHING out of this. yes they did offer me to exchange or 40% off, but did I accept either of those? No. I am still sitting here with my scuffed up Coach Parker and I love her, therefore I either wanted her fixed (and nowhere did I ask them or say I wanted them to pay for it because I never expected them to) but I either wanted her fixed or I would know that there was nothing I could do about it.

I have gotten NOTHING out of this situation. I did not exchange her for something else...I did not buy something else and I'm not going to. I didn't even KNOW the 40% off exsisted. Hell, I was in shock when they offered to exchange her, because even places like Dillards woudln't except any item back that didn't have a recipet or proof of sale tag.

Obviously I am being misunderstood and attaacked based on what other posters may or may not have done. My goal was to get my bag fixed, bottom line. They offered up things I didn't even know exsisted until posters replied to my thread and I called them and they offered that. And it was an OFFER...that doesn't mean I did it and I haven't. I did consider it, but my goal once again was to get her fixed.. Not to replace her with another bag. And while I did consider it, today I am still here loving my Parker because she's the 'it bag' for me.

Regardless, never in any of my posts did I mention Coach paying for my bag. Period. I do think they were rude the way the treated me and that is at the point where I got upset. After putting tons of money into a product (and their store) to be treated unimportant is not right. My intentions in that store and in my post was to find somewhere to get my bag fixed or even find out if it was even possible.

Like I Said. I have gotten NOTHING out of this situation! OBVIOUSLY some of you are attacking me based on your prejudice and not fully knowing the situation. Jeesh.

But thank you bunny for explainiing that to me. I was unaware that people do that. My post was innocent and seeking suggestion.

since this is the Internet and since you didn't read my post correctly, you are excused.

I never said you went in expecting to be compensated, if you got me mixed up with another poster, you're excused

if you read my words wrong, you're excused

I merely said that when the SAs did nothing for you the first time (note, I never said nothing for you and you wanted them to give you credit or whatever) you went back again on the advice of this board and you did say you had a bit of attitude towards the end of the convo you had in the appearance so remembering that and guessing you're hopping mad or at least aggraivated by this point they decided to do something for you based on customer service, not necessary on the repair policy

and if you like I DID buy the iPhone twice without having someone repair it OR asking apple to do something, I went in to see if it can be fixed yes, but once I got the sorry (like you did the first time) I went and got a new one--let me know if you want me to take a picture side by side I still have both phones and both boxes :biggrin:

so yes

you're excused
Excuse me? Ms-whitney, first off I did not go into the store EXPECTING them to do anything. I took the bag in & the first thing I asked them was where I could send it off to be fixed. I did not go in to looking or expecting them to offer me anything, except a suggestion on where I could get it fixed.

Secondly, I didn't neglectfully do anything to my purse. I literally have worn this bag 4-5 times and I treat my Coach bags like they are my babies. They've never seen the light of sitting on a floor.

Third, I didn't EXPECT Coach do take the bag back or offer me for something else. I love my Coach Parker, and I hate that the leather is peeling off. Especially after shelling out big money for it. Like the example you used...if you dropped your iPhone and it broke, are you seriously telling me you wouldn't try to find some place to fix it? If you wouldn't, I'd have to call BS! Because you and I both know, if something happened to our iPhones, we'd at least THINK about the possibility of trying to fix it.

On another note...all of you who are critisizing me for taking something in to find out where I can fix it are wrong. I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum has been in a situation where they bought something, something happened to it, and tried to find a way to fix it. That is an innocent act. What came out of me trying to fix my bag, was not at my discretion. The only reasonI called them back after I left was because I felt like I spend thousands of dollars at their store and they treated me like garbage. I felt like like it was a bold face LIE that they didn't know of any place I could send it off to be fixed. Period. When in reality, they did know that I could send it off to Coach. When I was in the store, they didn't even offer me that ok? So because of that and the fact that it couldn't be repiared THAT is why they offered me the 40% or the trade.

OBVIOUSLY if I was some scam artist out there trying to get a new bag in place of my old one, I would have OBVSIOULY done that by now. But have i? NO. I am still carrying about my Pink Coach Parker and I am still trying to find a place locally that might be able to help repair it. I have contemplating trading it in or getting another, BUT that was no my intention, therefore I'm not doing it...because like I said, my goal was to fix my purse NOT scam Coach out of another one.

Point blank. Sorry to be a B about it, but seriously don't attack me for wanting to get a $400 bag fixed.

Well ms whitney, if you want to go that route. I'd have to say whoever you took your phone to did not treat you right and you were lied to.

Because you probably shelled out money for a new iphone when you could've had it fixed. DUH, Apple themseleves fixes their iphones. Either under warranty or at your cost. My first iPhone got a cracked screen because my son dropped it, and I paid for it to get replaced.

And for your information, I didn't not get an "im sorry" I got an 'absoultly not" when you and I both know that is not the truth. There was an opition for me to get it fixed and they didn't even let me know that exsisted. THAT IS THE PROBLEM!

So I call BS, again!

Either way, this merry go round will contunie to spin. And at the end of the day, since you are "perfect" we can agree to disagree. The end.

btw there was no need to be a "B" about it or feel that way because I really wasn't even addressing you ironically (although this is your thread so you are a reference) BUT I was coming off of the poster above (thus the ^ arrow) and I already stated the line that I have a problem with

I've been reading this thread since day one and really don't have a comment either way

except when that poster said that I said I disagree

you are hopping mad it seems and if you are like this in the store, so easy to jump to conclusions and defensive it speaks volume as to why you were shooed imho

"The thing Im worried about with the parker is that she will go out of style. Her color doesn't really go with 'everything'."

That is in your other thread about your Dilemma regarding what to do with your credit or exchange or whatever, which you now say you are not accepting. Sounds like your "repair issue" came at just the right time. Enjoy shopping.

Well ms whitney, if you want to go that route. I'd have to say whoever you took your phone to did not treat you right and you were lied to.

Because you probably shelled out money for a new iphone when you could've had it fixed. DUH, Apple themseleves fixes their iphones. Either under warranty or at your cost. My first iPhone got a cracked screen because my son dropped it, and I paid for it to get replaced.

And for your information, I didn't not get an "im sorry" I got an 'absoultly not" when you and I both know that is not the truth. There was an opition for me to get it fixed and they didn't even let me know that exsisted. THAT IS THE PROBLEM!

So I call BS, again!

Either way, this merry go round will contunie to spin. And at the end of the day, since you are "perfect" we can agree to disagree. The end.

I don't buy the doe-eyed have no idea routine. I think you knew of their policies. I think you were informed that the bag had normal wear and tear and that it was something they could not repair. That is where this should have ended.

I think what's throwing me off about your posts is that you keep mentioning that the purse should last longer, you baby your bags, and you are not even owning that accidents happen AT ANY TIME and even when you baby your bags they can still have damage. Nobody stated you are neglectful. A scuff on a bag does not mean you are neglectful or don't treat your bags well. You stated yourself that the side with the damage is carried away from your body. Many posters stated it looks like a scuff from being banged into a wall or doorframe. The area that is damaged looks like a delicate area, prone to damage, due to the stretching over the turnlock, so I would think even a light bump could cause the problem.
I agree the store should have handled it better, but if your only concerns with this post is getting your bag fixed, why keep bringing up how the bags should last longer? That's something that should be brought up with Coach via a letter to corporate, not with the SA's at the store when you're trying to get it fixed.

Once again, think before you speak. If I was out to buy a purse just in order to exhchange it because of their policy, DONT U THINK I WOULD HAVE MYSELF A NEW SOPHIA RIGHT NOW? You make no sense. Not to mention, you said i bought it knowing it couldnt be repiared. have you ever been to a Coach Boutique that sells damaged bags? I know I sure haven't.

Think what you want. At the end of the day, hopefully you feel better about yourself going around judging people.

I give up there is no talking to explain my actions. I know my intentions and I know the kind of person I am. Hopefully you can live with the kind of person you are.

OP, you keep saying that you didn't expect anything from Coach; that you just went in looking for information in getting it repaired.

OP, I think we all agree that the SA should have offered to give you the phone number or address so you could call JAX. We're all in agreement that they didn't handle that appropriately.

But our issues are with your other complaints. In reading between the lines, I agree that you didn't come right out and say, "I expect and want Coach to give me a new bag," but the implication is certainly there.

The following interpretations of your posts are from my "reading between the lines"

1. From post #1 - The implication is that you aren't accepting the "wear and tear" and want more from them:

Excuse me? But OVERTIME is not a couple of months...a year, or two maybe, but not after a couple of months of HARDLY ever being used.

I told them "Well if I'm paying almost $400 for a bag, IMO it shouldn't only last a couple of months before the leather wears off". I might as well buy a $40 bag from Kohls that will last me a couple months.

Does anybody know what their 'policy' is on things like that?

2. From post #4 - You didn't like what you were told (or not told) at the first Coach store and you wish you could have gone to another where you might have been told what you wanted to hear:

I just rolled my eyes and walked out of the store.
I don't have the opitino to go to another store because that's the only coach store in my whole state.

3. From post #8 - This is the most telling post. You went home and stewed about it, unhappy that they saw the scuffs as normal wear and tear. (Understand that "normal" wear and tear is a subjective term and I only use it to differentiate the differences between that and a manufacturing defect:

Well I took ya'lls advice :smile: The more I sat here and thought about the price of their bags and this happening so soon I just got more and more mad. Point blank, I can buy a cheap walmart purse and it last more than a couple of months. But no, I chose to fork out the $$$ for a couple hundred dollar purse instead. IMO these bags should last....and last awhile! Especially if they are taken good care of.

So i called them. They appologized and offered to give me $358 store credit for another bag :smile: The only thing is, Ihave to give them my Parker. She is my LOVE. I love everything about her :sad: I just hate that the leather is chipped off on that corner. And theres no way I'd ever find another Pink Parker out there...

What's a girl to do? I dont know if I want to depart with my love :sad: Too bad I cant keep her and get the credit!!!! Now that would be a dream come true. Their just going to throw her out anyways, so why not let me care for her lol?!

Maybe this last (bold-faced) statement was said tongue-in-cheek, but based on your other defensive posts of your actions, I sense that you are serious!

-----------------------------------------------
The following two posts mention the compensatory settlement they offered but you still aren't happy, which indicates to me that you want more. First you complained that they didn't do enough but in these posts, you indicate that they still cannot satisfy you.

If indeed that you are only looking for good customer service, you've finally received it but still cannot be made happy.

4. From post #17 -

So I' ve decided to keep the bag and get the 40% off another bag..thing is, I don't want another bag. There's nothing out I like, and I don't plan on spending any more $ on another one (right now). Soooo to bad I can't give the 40% off to someone on here, because I won't use it :P

5. From post #22:

They have offered my 40% off or to exchange it. I won't part with it because she is the most comfortable Coach I have ever owned. IDK what I'll do with the 40% off because I'm not diggin anything that's out right now.

These are the types of responses you are making that are frustrating us.

Status
Not open for further replies.