Please help! Opinions on fluoresence on F 2 carat?

friday13bride said:
Did you have it appraised yet... I keep looking at your ring... It's a wowzer in every way!!

Brought it to the appraiser today. I will get the appraisal in a couple of days. The appraiser thought there were no issues with the clarity, and no dots like I had seen. Needed a good cleaning. He did see some slight fluorescence and said there were no inclusions that jeopardize the integrity of the stone. I am feeling better. Did not see any haziness due to the fluorescence. Starting to relax, breathe and enjoy my stone. :smile:. Here are some pics withy plain wedding band. Thanks girls for being so patient with my type A neurotic tendencies and for being so encouraging.

Attachments

• image-450368685.jpg
    image-450368685.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 190
  • image-180990787.jpg
    image-180990787.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 189
I am curious. Did you say it was a VVS2? Why did you want such a high clarity on a RB? You can easily go down on that and save a ton of $$.

Sorry. I don't mean to say your ring isn't lovely. It is.

Allisonfaye said:
I am curious. Did you say it was a VVS2? Why did you want such a high clarity on a RB? You can easily go down on that and save a ton of $$.

Sorry. I don't mean to say your ring isn't lovely. It is.

I returned one that was vvs2. I did get a larger one that was a vs1. I could look into the vvs2 and see the facets very clearly. Very sharp. I think the cut was very close to hearts and arrows. But honestly it wasn't as sparkly as I wanted and I was very surprised because it scored 0.8 on the HCA. The larger one was a vs1 and was more sparkly, though it was messier when I looked into the center of the stone. The HCA on this one was 1.6. Strange!! Anyway, I just have mental clarity and color issues. I know cut is super important but I just want to know that the raw material that I have is of a certain quality. My mind won't be at peace without that assurance, given how much I am paying for this stone. I did go down one grade to a vs1. I am getting close to being ok with it. The lovely ladies on TPF keep reminding me to just enjoy my ring. :smile:. I am pretty much there. :smile:

Brought it to the appraiser today. I will get the appraisal in a couple of days. The appraiser thought there were no issues with the clarity, and no dots like I had seen. Needed a good cleaning. He did see some slight fluorescence and said there were no inclusions that jeopardize the integrity of the stone. I am feeling better. Did not see any haziness due to the fluorescence. Starting to relax, breathe and enjoy my stone. :smile:. Here are some pics withy plain wedding band. Thanks girls for being so patient with my type A neurotic tendencies and for being so encouraging.

:hugs:Yayyyy!!!!! I didn't think the dots made any sense, I'm so happy the appraiser said all was right. Looks gorgeous with your band....now stare all day and fall in love with it, because it's amazing!
:hbeat:

I returned one that was vvs2. I did get a larger one that was a vs1. I could look into the vvs2 and see the facets very clearly. Very sharp. I think the cut was very close to hearts and arrows. But honestly it wasn't as sparkly as I wanted and I was very surprised because it scored 0.8 on the HCA. The larger one was a vs1 and was more sparkly, though it was messier when I looked into the center of the stone. The HCA on this one was 1.6. Strange!! Anyway, I just have mental clarity and color issues. I know cut is super important but I just want to know that the raw material that I have is of a certain quality. My mind won't be at peace without that assurance, given how much I am paying for this stone. I did go down one grade to a vs1. I am getting close to being ok with it. The lovely ladies on TPF keep reminding me to just enjoy my ring. :smile:. I am pretty much there. :smile:

I think it sounds fantastic and I am glad the appraiser agreed!!!

As for the .8 vs 1.6 on HCA: there's no rank in those two numbers. Just bec one is higher than the other in the 0-2 area doesnt make one better. When you're in the 0-2 range, they're "equals".

:hugs:Yayyyy!!!!! I didn't think the dots made any sense, I'm so happy the appraiser said all was right. Looks gorgeous with your band....now stare all day and fall in love with it, because it's amazing!
:hbeat:
Thanks etk! I do get distracted when driving sometimes. :biggrin: Do you wear yours all the time? I'm just curious if you ladies wear your e-rings/upgrades regularly. Do you wear it to the gym, or exercising outdoors?

Thanks etk! I do get distracted when driving sometimes. :biggrin: Do you wear yours all the time? I'm just curious if you ladies wear your e-rings/upgrades regularly. Do you wear it to the gym, or exercising outdoors?

I get very distracted while driving sometimes lol! I wear mine all the time. I always wear cleaning gloves whenever I'm doing any chores that get my hands wet. And I wear it to yoga but I loosened a prong once by whacking my hand on the floor! It's pretty much a 24/7 piece of jewelry for me, I've always worn my wedding rings all the time. It did kind of startle me when I saw it on my hand while snorkeling...but hey, that's what insurance is for. Plus my hands swell and sometimes there's no way I'd be able to get it back on in the morning. I feel so so sad when it's not on my hand, I can't not wear it! And I figure it's pretty safe as far as rings go..plain six prong platinum, it's not that complicated. I think it's just a personal preference, whatever you're most comfortable with.:smile: