Please help on colour of first Chanel jacket.

which color will you go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

celialow

Oct 3, 2013
Hi Ladies, I am about to purchase my first jacket, but am undecided on the colour.
I'm not sure if black looks 'too black' and serious, as my style is usually very casual.
On the other hand, I'm worried that I'll spill food/drinks on the white and get all stressed up that I'll minimize wearing it (do you feel the white may look casual to wear for a formal sitdown dinner?).
Please help me? Thank you :heart::flowers:
Screenshot_20200522_012206_com.instagram.android.jpg Screenshot_20200522_012201_com.instagram.android.jpg

I totally prefer the black!

I voted for the white. I like the pattern and it'll hide some spills.

Without a doubt the black, for multiple reasons: 1) Trust me you will get sick of the pattern on the white one and believe over time will have some buyers remorse (not that it is not beautiful) if you do not go with the black, 2) The black is significantly more versatile, as you should remember this is a very special forever piece that should be able to go with basically anything and stand the test of time in classic-ness, 3) I am a personal shopper and expert when it comes to Chanel, trust me I know what I'm talking about, I am also able to find pieces for you if you are interested in more options. I hope this helps!

I voted white, the pattern can be seen much better.

I prefer the white but do agree with everyone else that the black is a better option both for stains and being able to wear it for many years to come.

Thank you to all your replies and insight. I'm much grateful.
Sad to say, seller couldn't hold and have sold both jackets :crybaby:

Hi! I'm late to the game, but my two cents for the future...of the two, I prefer the black.
But if I could chose from any Chanel jacket, I would not select either of these. I do not like the black vertical piping in the front, and it will certainly look dated after a year or two. I would get a Chanel jacket where the focus is more on the mixture of the tweed, and if you like trim on the edge, I would get it more a tweed trim that is more classic Chanel. I would not get black piping which is very harsh and a bit cheap looking to me.

That's my two cents of course, and I realize everyone has different taste. I just wanted to share with you my perspective as Chanel jackets should last many years, not just a season or two due to the style.

Good luck on your future jacket purchase!

• Love
Reactions: 880
Hi Ladies, I am about to purchase my first jacket, but am undecided on the colour.
I'm not sure if black looks 'too black' and serious, as my style is usually very casual.
On the other hand, I'm worried that I'll spill food/drinks on the white and get all stressed up that I'll minimize wearing it (do you feel the white may look casual to wear for a formal sitdown dinner?).
Please help me? Thank you :heart::flowers:
View attachment 4736559 View attachment 4736560

Haha I know who this is from. Get the white. I was eyeing it too. But it's a size or 2 too big for me.

Hi! I'm late to the game, but my two cents for the future...of the two, I prefer the black.
But if I could chose from any Chanel jacket, I would not select either of these. I do not like the black vertical piping in the front, and it will certainly look dated after a year or two. I would get a Chanel jacket where the focus is more on the mixture of the tweed, and if you like trim on the edge, I would get it more a tweed trim that is more classic Chanel. I would not get black piping which is very harsh and a bit cheap looking to me.

That's my two cents of course, and I realize everyone has different taste. I just wanted to share with you my perspective as Chanel jackets should last many years, not just a season or two due to the style.

Good luck on your future jacket purchase!
+1. My first chanel jacket was navy. Second was black. Both were classic. Many many jackets later, I still own the first two
However, of the two you picked, I think the white one is nicer and a bit less matronly. JMO though.