Please help me. Torn!

baybay0359

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
Hello everyone,

I have been on the hunt for a new bag. I originally wanted a promenade, but then realized it was too small for my purposes. I then ordered a Celine trotteur in a grey taupe colour in the medium size from Nordstrom. It is currently in the mail but I am having second thoughts because I saw a gorgeous pre owned large lady dior in a cranberry.

SO, I know this is the Dior forum, but I was hoping you could help me choose. I don't have many bags. Three in total! I definitely prefer quality over quantity! They are:

Medium Fendi 2jours in a caramel/tan type colour
Chanel Reissue in Black Caviar
Louis Vuitton Galliera (It is monogram)

Looks like you don't have any red in your collection so it would be a nice color addition.

The gray is a similar shade as caramel/tan (light color neutral).

I prefer the LD but it is a very different bag than the Celine. The LD is ladylike, the Celine is bohemian. Which one suits your style more?

Wow, both bags are beautiful and so very different. Which is more your style? It seems like your current bags are a mix, so either bag would be a nice addition (style-wise). I'm sure I'm no help here, but just trying to help you think it through. Lol.

Wow, both bags are beautiful and so very different. Which is more your style? It seems like your current bags are a mix, so either bag would be a nice addition (style-wise). I'm sure I'm no help here, but just trying to help you think it through. Lol.

Thank you! I honestly don't know which one is more my style! haha I could see both being my style just for different things. The thing that draws me to the dior is (1) the colour and (2) the fact that it won't go out of style. On the other hand, I have heard it is hard to get in and out of and not very convenient?

In contrast, the trotteur is very convient and will go with everything. I will get a lot of use out of it. BUT, it probably won't be around that long and I already have a lot of neutral colours already.

Thank you! I honestly don't know which one is more my style! haha I could see both being my style just for different things. The thing that draws me to the dior is (1) the colour and (2) the fact that it won't go out of style. On the other hand, I have heard it is hard to get in and out of and not very convenient?

In contrast, the trotteur is very convient and will go with everything. I will get a lot of use out of it. BUT, it probably won't be around that long and I already have a lot of neutral colours already.

I'd go for the Dior. It's not something you see very often on the streets and it can be dressed up or down (especially the large size). You shouldn't have too much trouble with the zipper on the larger bag because it will have more give (the lambskin more than the patent leather); I think most the issues with the zip were for the medium, and my own medium LD was much easier to use after a few months breaking it in anyways.

But regardless of everything I've said, I think if you yourself are already thinking that the Celine won't be around for long, you've essentially made your choice already. :smile:

Hello everyone,

I have been on the hunt for a new bag. I originally wanted a promenade, but then realized it was too small for my purposes. I then ordered a Celine trotteur in a grey taupe colour in the medium size from Nordstrom. It is currently in the mail but I am having second thoughts because I saw a gorgeous pre owned large lady dior in a cranberry.

SO, I know this is the Dior forum, but I was hoping you could help me choose. I don't have many bags. Three in total! I definitely prefer quality over quantity! They are:

Medium Fendi 2jours in a caramel/tan type colour
Chanel Reissue in Black Caviar
Louis Vuitton Galliera (It is monogram)
Based on your current collection, which is comprised of beautiful classics in neutrals I vote Lady Dior in Cranberry! It is gorgeous and would be a nice addition in terms of color and design. Good luck choosing!

I agree with everything you said. If it was my choice, I'd go LD! ;) I recently got one myself and I love it in spite of the opening. It's truly a beautiful bag and a classic.

That bag reminds me of the Mansur Gavriel bag that recently came out and that's all I can think of. I'm just not a fan. When you compare it to an iconic bag like the Lady Dior, there's just no comparison. I know this is the Dior forum but just can't see that bag being as classic as the Dior.