Please help me get over this paranoia!

Gah I feel the same way as you! I'm tempted to pick up some shining monkey or apple guard though. And you should see me after I put on lotion before picking up the bag - I'll jump through hoops to avoid not touching the handles! :roflmfao:

If you are worried about it, you can protect with one of the many products recommended here on the PF. It will help repel stain and water until the patina sets in. You could also speed up the patina by exposing your bag to air and sunlight. I know a lot of gals like the sunbathe their bags(be sure to tan it evenly by rotating it every now and then).

Use your Louis... you'll get used to the marks. It adds character! :smile: I've got a suede Onatah and had HUGE black patches on both sides on the second day that I used it. All because my camera bag was rubbing against it! How careless! I was so careful with my clothes and how I carry it but I forgotten about my camera bag! Guess how I felt. Devastated but I can't show it as my fiancee will freak out if he ever finds out how much the bag cost me! I will still continue using my Onatah. Use it your bag, woman!

I know exactly what you mean. I always baby my bag sooo much that i dont wanna carry new bags out. BUt after a few times, i dont really bother about it as much alreadyl

It is so hard! But you just have to get it out there and have fun showing it off. The first few times are the hardest, and then you'll be carrying it everywhere. I still haven't carried my mono speedy 30 yet. I'm carrying the damier through the winter. So I feel your pain with that virgin leather on the speedy. Get this--I was smelling the wonderful vachetta handles and got lipstick on them. OMG, talk about freaking out! But I got almost all of it off. Good luck and try not to be too protective!

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: That's quite visual picture there!

Ok, yes, I am a nut about my bags since they are an investment. But I just got a new Speedy 30 and am agonizing over breaking it in. The leather is so prestine and beautiful in its untouched condition. I decided to take it out the other day and OMG, got a tiny spot of dirt on the virgin leather. I know LVs look better broken in, but I am really stressing about getting my new baby dirty.

Ladies, please reassure me that it's ok to take her out, I am not the only one that stressed about this newness, or send the men in the white coats for me! LOL.

Welcome! As so many ladies have told you, enjoy her! What's the point of having her if you don't ;)

Also, you have landed yourself in the middle of the protection debate. Many tPFs (myself included) swear by protection....others abhor it. Search vachetts, shining monkey or apple guard and you find many threads.

Congrats on your purchase.

Well i just got my first bag yesterday and i wasn't scared to carry it, now i think i might be. I just unpacked it ... grabbed it and went! I dont want mine to look "new" i like the worn in look, so i guess that is where we all differ. Good luck!

Just exposing it to air will already start the oxidizing anyway.:yes:

Once you start wearing it... You'll wonder why you took so long...:angel:

Wear it in good health... And enjoy...:yes: :flowers:

LOL today I was standing outside with my MC speedy. She's been broken in and has a gorgeous patina. I was standing under an air conditioner (which was a good 30 feet above me) and a freaking drop of water got on the handle. I was upset...and the remembered "hey it'll blend in later". I looked at it 5 minutes later and it was gone *phew* 5 or 6 months ago with my first bag I would've been crying!

enjoy you baby and use her!!! but I understand what you are going through...many of us go through that "breaking in" stage and are fearful of using our bags...but once you take her out day after day, you'll be more relaxed with her...best of luck and congrats on your speedy 30!!

It is so hard! But you just have to get it out there and have fun showing it off. The first few times are the hardest, and then you'll be carrying it everywhere. I still haven't carried my mono speedy 30 yet. I'm carrying the damier through the winter. So I feel your pain with that virgin leather on the speedy. Get this--I was smelling the wonderful vachetta handles and got lipstick on them. OMG, talk about freaking out! But I got almost all of it off. Good luck and try not to be too protective!

Oh dear, I know this is posted long time ago, but if you happen to read this, or anyone who have experience lipstick on the vachetta, please, please tell me how to remove it?? I had lipstick on my handle today at lunch! :sad: