Please, help me get a grip.

OK, maybe you just need an Orange Box fix?? Do they have anything exclusive to celebrate their grand opening? Get THAT and stay away from the blue handbag that you will regret because Murphy's Law will come into play immediately and that black bag you've been dying for will come to you in a little ringy-dingy from your SA. And you will be PISSED that you didn't wait for it!!!

If they don't have anything exclusive for grand opening, get something else colorful, like a pretty bracelet or scarf, and stay the hell away from the handbags. OR tell your sad story to the sweet SA and maybe something good will come your way?? You never know ...

Congratulations on your award, J!

Just my take - I used to live in NYC and worked downtown (Wall St) - I carried light colored bags in addition to the usual black, brown, navy...

If you really like the bj, you shouldn't pass it up. You may obsess on this lost opportunity later on.... anyway, just my personal opinion. ;)

Can you get both?
If not, I'd go for the black first. But that's just me. And it may be because I am not crazy about the blue jean color for my wardrobe. However, if you really love this color and have things to go with it, it might not be as easy to find as black? I wouldn't worry so much about carrying a bright color in NYC. I live here too and I do both black and colors and I think you should do whatever you want.
Funny thing is, I know black Kellys are supposed to be more common, but I really haven't seen that many in size 28.

Congratulations on the award!

If you know you wouldn't feel comfortable carrying the blue, then wait for the black. It will come!

I think the blue jean is a gorgeous color, but it wouldn't work well with my wardrobe. I got my blue jean fix with a Ulysse notebook; I love to look at it, but don't have to try to coordinate with it!

if the black one were sitting side by side with the blue jean one, which would you choose?
this is still the same scenario you face, even if they aren't technically side by side. if you can afford both, get both!!! if you can't, and the black one is the one you want, wait. it is so so so so worth it to wait for what you want.
that said, if living in ny is what is making you choose black, and not the love of the bag in this color, i would seriously rethink that (and quickly, while you still have a shot at this bj bag!). i do not agree with that attitude about ny and ny style.
the bag has to suit you. if bj compiments your style/attitude/wardrobe, then it's the perfect color for you.

oh, and yeah, what tangle said, congrats on the award!:tup::tup:

(i do not agree about buying it with the expectation to sell it after a while. ideally, you will purchase the bag with love in your heart and well-intentioned certainty that it's the right bag for you. judging from reselling action i've seen :whistle: there are no guarantees about what type of value the bag will hold. plus, getting an hermes bag is so wonderful to me, so deliciously decadent and fun that it is sad to me to think of doing it sort of without committment, without your whole heart. please keep us updated.)

J- I personally think BJ is gorgeous and fantastic for NYC. I do love, love, love bright colors though and would always prefer BJ over black for example.

Congrats on your award!

jedimaster, a bj togo 28 ph is a wonderful combination. I'd have a hard time turning it down also, even though it's not really on my immediate list...it would be great for summer and for beach and cruise vacations.

if the black one were sitting side by side with the blue jean one, which would you choose?
this is still the same scenario you face, even if they aren't technically side by side. if you can afford both, get both!!! if you can't, and the black one is the one you want, wait. it is so so so so worth it to wait for what you want.
that said, if living in ny is what is making you choose black, and not the love of the bag in this color, i would seriously rethink that (and quickly, while you still have a shot at this bj bag!). i do not agree with that attitude about ny and ny style.
the bag has to suit you. if bj compiments your style/attitude/wardrobe, then it's the perfect color for you.
Well, hiheels, I feel that people who live in NYC choose black because it both suits their lifestyle AND flatters them. So it may not be a case of suiting NY style. Most people choose colors that flatter first.

There's another thing we have to consider with jedimaster, her career. The black may be wiser choice for the workplace than bleu jean.

Jedimaster, sleep on it and see how you feel in the morning.

It was really hard to walk out of the store without it but - I live in NY, I think I would feel a little silly with a bright blue bag. If it had been black or brown, I would not have hesitated. Unfortunately I am still thinking about it.

hermesgroupie, i specifically suggested that she do just that, pick the color for herself, not her town. i did not say that everyone in ny picks their colors for life in a congested, crowded city. however her words above suggested to me that she was putting the city first. if you don't see that too :shrugs: then we are just interpretting her differently and each giving advice accordingly.