Which Rolex?

I'm trying to decide between the following two watches. One is the classic datejust with the fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet. The other has a smooth bezel with an oyster bracelet. I want this to be a versatile watch. One I can wear both casually and at work. Does anyone else have this rhodium color? I have waffled back and forth on this or the light pink face or the silver face with sticks. I worry there isn't enough contrast between the rhodium color and the Roman numerals. But, the pink looked a bit champagne to me. The sticks are nice but I like the roman dials even if it does kind of look busy sometimes. But I can be convinced to like the sticks for those of you who have it. I really wish this model came with a silver face and Roman numerals. I have thought about diamond for the digits but again I want this to be an everyday kind of watch. I think the smooth is more me for a casual look but I feel like I'll regret not getting the fluted bezel because it is classic Rolex and as I grow older I think I will probably like this look more.

Which one looks better on me and which would you choose? And pardon the redness of my arm, it was warm in the store! IMG_1487535139.151256.jpgIMG_1487535147.250003.jpg

Go for the jubilee bracelet with fluted bezel, it's a classic. Love the Roman numeral. Rhodium is a neutral colour. I love the first pic.

You can always add on another one later, Oyster Perpetual that comes with oyster bracelet and domed bezel with stick markers. That's cheaper than the second pic.

I have considered this one as well but the thing that holds me back on this one is that the bracelet isn't polished and I am liking the polished bracelets more. The oyster would result in substantial savings though!

I strongly suggest getting the classic first. Matte bracelet's advantage is less visible hairline scratches versus polished. Something that you may want to consider and since the look is sportier, I think it's nicer with matte. Just my two cents, Shelly.

Reactions: Shelly319
I strongly suggest getting the classic first. Matte bracelet's advantage is less visible hairline scratches versus polished. Something that you may want to consider and since the look is sportier, I think it's nicer with matte. Just my two cents, Shelly.

So I should probably clarify that this isn't my first Rolex. I didn't mention before because I didn't want responses based on what I have or don't have. You make a good point about the oyster bracelet though. I hadn't thought about the hairline scratches. I am also leaning toward the fluted again because I will be able to wear this in the evening as well after work. Do you think the smooth datejust or oyster perpetual would be ok for evenings out?

So I should probably clarify that this isn't my first Rolex. I didn't mention before because I didn't want responses based on what I have or don't have. You make a good point about the oyster bracelet though. I hadn't thought about the hairline scratches. I am also leaning toward the fluted again because I will be able to wear this in the evening as well after work. Do you think the smooth datejust or oyster perpetual would be ok for evenings out?

Shelly, fluted bezel and Jubilee bracelet is always a good choice. Far less visible hairline scratches. I have an Omega Aqua Terra, there's a lot of scratches on the domed bezel. Yikes!

I think one can never go wrong with Rolex. It's a matter of personal choice. Domed bezel or Oyster Perpetual looks nice for evening outs but it's just the classic Rolex has more bling factor as it's shinier.

Both my Rolex watches are Jubilee bracelet with fluted bezel because I love that look. [emoji4]

Fluted bezel with oyster bracelet. :love: I don't own a Rolex yet. But that combo has a special place in my heart. But buy the Rolex that sings to you! Good luck deciding.

Hi Shelly, so is this the watch you are buying for your mum? I have been in a similar dilemma recently so I have studied the forum :smile: Good luck deciding!!! I like the rhodium, but prefer the silver, especially with diamond markers. I think you could still wear it everyday!

Reactions: Shelly319