Please Help me Choose

Do I choose white gold solitires or yellow gold

• White Gold

• Yellow Gold

Results are only viewable after voting.

umamanikam

O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
I would like to buy a 1 carat diamond earrings ie 50 cents each --am so unsure whether to go for white gold or yellow gold .I am in my forties and this will be my once in a lifetime purchase .
Please help me choose.
Thanks a ton

Every piece of jewelry I own is white gold or platinum so I voted for white gold. I think that with yellow gold it sometimes casts a yellowish shadow on the diamond so it's true, crystalline color isn't as nice.

My diamond studs (also 1cttw) are in a white gold prong setting. It's very subtle and I don't find it a problem to wear the earrings with a gold pendant. The WG looks really nice with the diamonds- you can just barely see the prongs.

I have both, although the ladies here are right, the diamond looks better with whitegold, when i wear my yellow gold set, i just feel more comfortable with the yellow gold diamond studs. But it can be only me:smile:

Personally I think white diamonds look better with white gold or platinum. However, whichever you choose, the setting won't show much on stud earrings. so neither would be a mistake.