Please help Identify this Handbag!

Hello all

I have a 2nd hand store with handbags, and recently I acquired a bag tagged "Van Bommel" inside

Now, swift google search led me to a website that is branded "Floris Van Bommel" and it aint that particular brand

This "Floris" is some mid-low quality bags and the company logo is different than the one I have

This one that I have is a top-tier quality bag. I have seen the highest quality from my own experience, I had LOEWE, Hermes, Prada, Gucci, etc and this bag that I have is equal in both quality and design, and I am not joking at all.

I will post a picture later (on mobile right now) but Im curious if anyone has heard of such a brand ? It's a complete mystery to me that the bag is so high quality and yet I cant seem to find the bag maker at all

Any info would be appreciated

Hello all

I have a 2nd hand store with handbags, and recently I acquired a bag tagged "Van Bommel" inside

Now, swift google search led me to a website that is branded "Floris Van Bommel" and it aint that particular brand

This "Floris" is some mid-low quality bags and the company logo is different than the one I have

This one that I have is a top-tier quality bag. I have seen the highest quality from my own experience, I had LOEWE, Hermes, Prada, Gucci, etc and this bag that I have is equal in both quality and design, and I am not joking at all.

I will post a picture later (on mobile right now) but Im curious if anyone has heard of such a brand ? It's a complete mystery to me that the bag is so high quality and yet I cant seem to find the bag maker at all

Any info would be appreciated
Is the logo like this?
Van Bommel seems to be a heritage brand that makes shoes. https://int.florisvanbommel.com/en/about-van-bommel/about-us.html
The company is now being led by Floris van Bommel and her 2 brothers. That might explain the change in the name and logo of the company.

Attachments

• Kuva 10.jpeg
    Kuva 10.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 5
Does anyone know this brand? It was me aunt's that me mom gave to be because she didn't know either. It's very soft and lined in linen. The only marker just says genuine leather and made in Italy and then the B marker on the front flap.

Attachments

• PXL_20240314_214019513~2.jpg
    PXL_20240314_214019513~2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 13
Does anyone have any idea about this bag Kate Moss wore in 2003, please?

Star-Blouse-Black-Scarf copy.jpg
Blazer-Black-Grey-Long-Sleeve-Studded-Skirt2.jpg
Or here in 2004... ^

Part of me is thinking Coach, due to the ring and clip?

Maybe Prada? Mulberry? I don't think it can be very early Balenciaga... I'm totally stumped and Google reverse image searching it is coming up empty!

Thanks! :flowers:

Hi,
I'm hoping that some of the members of the forum will be able to identify the maker of this leather tote - either by recognizing the tag or by recognizing the model. (I can't make out the name on the tag.)

The bag measures a bout 17.5 inches wide from seam to seam. It's about 13.5 inches tall - not including the straps.

The outside is a dark, slate blue. The texture of the leather in the interior is like suede.

At the risk of horrifying everyone I'll confess that I bought this on eBay for the purpose of using its leather for scrap for use in a woodworking project.
(Buying this used tote was considerably less expensive than buying the equivalent amount of scrap leather.)
But when I received it today I realized that the leather was really very nice and soft, like glove leather. It seemed a waste to murder it.

So: If the forum members can tell me that it's a purse by a known maker I'll probably try to resell it on eBay.
And if the members tell me that it's a nonentity I'll harden my heart and start cutting. (I'm ok either way. I need my leather scraps!)

I'm including 3 shots of the tag. The impression of the name is very shallow. Beneath the circle it's stamped Made in USA.

Thanks in advance for any help!1-IMG_20240404_132020.jpg2-IMG_20240404_132300.jpg3-IMG_20240404_132341.jpg4-IMG_20240404_132047.jpg5-IMG_20240404_130624.jpg6-IMG_20240404_121057.jpg7-IMG_20240404_121040.jpg

Hi,
I'm hoping that some of the members of the forum will be able to identify the maker of this leather tote - either by recognizing the tag or by recognizing the model. (I can't make out the name on the tag.)

The bag measures a bout 17.5 inches wide from seam to seam. It's about 13.5 inches tall - not including the straps.

The outside is a dark, slate blue. The texture of the leather in the interior is like suede.

At the risk of horrifying everyone I'll confess that I bought this on eBay for the purpose of using its leather for scrap for use in a woodworking project.
(Buying this used tote was considerably less expensive than buying the equivalent amount of scrap leather.)
But when I received it today I realized that the leather was really very nice and soft, like glove leather. It seemed a waste to murder it.

So: If the forum members can tell me that it's a purse by a known maker I'll probably try to resell it on eBay.
And if the members tell me that it's a nonentity I'll harden my heart and start cutting. (I'm ok either way. I need my leather scraps!)

I'm including 3 shots of the tag. The impression of the name is very shallow. Beneath the circle it's stamped Made in USA.

Thanks in advance for any help!View attachment 5978108View attachment 5978109View attachment 5978110View attachment 5978111View attachment 5978112View attachment 5978113View attachment 5978114
OnnaEhrlich-Labels.jpg
Using Google Lens, I've identified this label as (probably) an Onna Ehrlich. (The more defined, pebbled leather label was found on eBay.) Now I have new questions. Is it genuine? Does anyone recognize the Onna Ehrlich model? Should I open a new thread with this question? Thanks!

Attachments

• 1712338155943.png
    1712338155943.png
    573 bytes · Views: 0
View attachment 5978455
Using Google Lens, I've identified this label as (probably) an Onna Ehrlich. (The more defined, pebbled leather label was found on eBay.) Now I have new questions. Is it genuine? Does anyone recognize the Onna Ehrlich model? Should I open a new thread with this question? Thanks!
I did a search on TPF and she's mentioned two or three times but briefly, there's no in depth info here. You could try a new thread with her name in the title and ask anyone if they have any bags or knowledge of her.

Reactions: Cereus21