Please help Identify this Handbag!

hi everyone! can anyone help me identify this Dries van Noten bag? I am thinking of purchasing it, but I have trouble authenticating it & haven't found any information about it online...does anyone know which collection this is from? its a crossbody "bag"

Also, im sorry if this is not the right thread to post this! im a new member, still figuring things out. i couldnt find a Dries van Noten thread

photo credits to the original seller

IMG_6747 2.PNGIMG_6749.PNGIMG_6750.PNGIMG_6751.PNGIMG_6752.PNGIMG_6753.PNG

I'm trying to solve a mystery and I don't even have any photos!

I have a friend who is not at all into fashion. Every time I see her she is carrying what appears to be a well-made, smallish, older tan leather bag.

I think that she has had the bag for years and I have never had a chance to examine it closely, but when she opens the bag I've noticed that it has pink floral print pattern on the white/cream fabric lining.

I'd like to figure out what kind of bag it is and perhaps offer to rehab it for her, because it has gotten rather beaten up over time.

She is rather a private person so I've hestitated to ask her about her tired-looking bag. It looks British Tan but I'm sure that it isn't a Coach bag, and I have done some research online and on TPF but I haven't found a leather bag with a similar lining.

Maybe it's a Fossil Bag, did they ever come with floral linings? Any suggestions to help me narrow down the search? I will try to sneak a picture of the bag the next time I see her, thanks!

I have a friend who is not at all into fashion. Every time I see her she is carrying what appears to be a well-made, smallish, older tan leather bag.

I think that she has had the bag for years and I have never had a chance to examine it closely, but when she opens the bag I've noticed that it has pink floral print pattern on the white/cream fabric lining.

I'd like to figure out what kind of bag it is and perhaps offer to rehab it for her, because it has gotten rather beaten up over time.

She is rather a private person so I've hestitated to ask her about her tired-looking bag. It looks British Tan but I'm sure that it isn't a Coach bag, and I have done some research online and on TPF but I haven't found a leather bag with a similar lining.

Maybe it's a Fossil Bag, did they ever come with floral linings? Any suggestions to help me narrow down the search? I will try to sneak a picture of the bag the next time I see her, thanks!
Hobo International bags used to have floral linings.

could it be Brighton? A lot of those have floral linings.

ETA: most Brightons have silver hardware.

Hobo International bags used to have floral linings.

I saw my friend today and I commented on her leather bag and asked if it was Hobo or Brighton or another brand?

She responded that it is Hobo International and she was very willing to show me her bag and talk about it.

I told her that rehabbing quality vintage bags is my hobby and said that I "would be happy to brighten it up a bit if she's interested?" All she said was "I have had it for a long time and it is starting to show signs of wear!"

So we will see if she if she takes up my offer; thanks for your help!

Last edited: