Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

Can somebody please help ID what leather this is? It’s on what I believe is a vintage RD duffle bag. Can this leather be restored/conditioned? Thank you in advance!!View attachment 5975272View attachment 5975273View attachment 5975274
Love it! This is Naturel Vache Naturelle. Yes, it can be restored (though this bag seems in fairly decent condition) and lightly conditioned. I would always recommend Hemès Spa as the best way to ensure top tier restoration, but I’ve also had success conditioning VN with Saphir’s Crème Universelle. I’m sure you could also use the Hermès Baume de Sellerie. :flowers:

Last edited:
Does anyone know the product reference of this Calvi Verso in Gris Etain / Vert Criquet and if this colourway is still in production? TIA! :smile::smile::smile:

Can anyone identify which "brown" this fjord birkin 35 is? I don't think its ebene since it wasn't produced in fjord leather in 2008. I was thinking Marron Fonce? The pictures doesn't show a reddish tint though.. Thank you

Can anyone identify which "brown" this fjord birkin 35 is? I don't think its ebene since it wasn't produced in fjord leather in 2008. I was thinking Marron Fonce? The pictures doesn't show a reddish tint though.. Thank you

This is Marrón Foncé Fjord. :flowers:

Hi team, back with another challenge. I just got my hands on a beat up sac a depeches that I can’t figure out what leather this is. I was told it is Chamonix, but also resembles vache natural? It’s blindstamped with no color, the resin is dark not clear, and seems to take on patina (see terrible darkened handles).

I understand its very different care regimen for the two leathers, so want to know before I start rubbing product on it.

Maybe the experts and detectives here can help? Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_1170.jpeg
    IMG_1170.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1167.jpeg
    IMG_1167.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1169.jpeg
    IMG_1169.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: QuelleFromage
Hi team, back with another challenge. I just got my hands on a beat up sac a depeches that I can’t figure out what leather this is. I was told it is Chamonix, but also resembles vache natural? It’s blindstamped with no color, the resin is dark not clear, and seems to take on patina (see terrible darkened handles).

I understand its very different care regimen for the two leathers, so want to know before I start rubbing product on it.

Maybe the experts and detectives here can help? Thank you!!
Hi there! This looks like Barénia. Out of curiosity, did the seller give you any information regarding the production year on this item?

Hi there! This looks like Barénia. Out of curiosity, did the seller give you any information regarding the production year on this item?
Barenia….and the plot thickens…. I’m mainly interested in “fixing” the dark handles so if it is barenia maybe I’ll just push the patina and even it out a little instead of having Hermes replace the handle?

No specific year but I was told it was originally purchased about 20 years ago…

• Insightful
Reactions: r luvs h
Barenia….and the plot thickens…. I’m mainly interested in “fixing” the dark handles so if it is barenia maybe I’ll just push the patina and even it out a little instead of having Hermes replace the handle?

No specific year but I was told it was originally purchased about 20 years ago…
I know @docride has a lot of experience with adding patina to bags, so I would suggest maybe messaging her or asking her for advice in this thread. I’m sure whatever you decide will look great! ;)

Reactions: succseth