Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

This cannot be gold. Do you know the year of this item’s production? Also, would you be able to upload a clearer picture of the leather? I’m not sure when Vespas started being produced, but I have a Vespa in my files from 1993. I believe they started being phased out of production around 2008.

Interesting, thank you! I hadn't even considered it may be third colour.

The listing is on Vestiaire and photo 5 can be zoomed to see the leather the most clearly, I think. The seller didn't list the year and there's no photo of the date stamp, but I'll ask.

Reactions: r luvs h
Update:
I received confirmation from fashionphile that it is indeed Buffle skipper leather in graphite! They had the wrong tag. I actually told my SA about my find, and he was blown away! He said buffalo birkins are nearly impossible to come by these days, and graphite is also a rare color, so I feel super lucky I found this bag! And here she is in her new outfit! (Even though I prefer the cleaner look without Twillies, I wanted to protect those really old handles ha!)

View attachment 5679682
I loooooove this bag! Yes, the graphite stitching is cool and buffalo leather is super cool!! Love love love it

Reactions: Bdbunny
Interesting, thank you! I hadn't even considered it may be third colour.

The listing is on Vestiaire and photo 5 can be zoomed to see the leather the most clearly, I think. The seller didn't list the year and there's no photo of the date stamp, but I'll ask.
Cheers :flowers: It looks like the leather is accurately described in the listing as Clemence. I am still unsure of the colour, but once you find out the year that should help.

Cheers :flowers: Ardennes would have a flatter grain, and I believe it would only have a brown “Hermès” stamp in a lighter colour called Natural.
1 more to ask about, I know the leather is CdC, the color is a little less discernibl. Thanks again.
E in a square
View attachment 5680683View attachment 5680685
Chèvre leathers depict colour fairly accurately, so I’m leaning towards Marron Foncé although it may be Havanne.

Last edited:
Cheers :flowers: Ardennes would have a flatter grain, and I believe it would only have a brown “Hermès” stamp in a lighter colour called Natural.

Chèvre leathers depict colour fairly accurately, so I’m leaning towards Marron Foncé although it may be Havanne.
Going to research Marron now, can’t find to much on Havane. Is Cocoan possible? I definitely prefer a lighter warmer brown but there’s not much I can find on CdC, specifically colors or even much about the leather.