Please help - I want a true classic!!

Which bag should I get as I want a Classic?

• Balenciaga First

• Balenciaga City

• Bottega Veneta

• Louis Vuitton

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 7, 2007
I am going to be making my last purchase for a long time nearer the end of the year - but I really want to get a classic.

I am swaying towards Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton or Bottega Veneta at the moment (although the BV are SOOO expensive, I didn't realise how much they were!).

My current favourites are:-

BBag -
First in Black,
City or Mini Bowling in Grenat, Marron or nearest colours to those.

Bottega Veneta -
Medium Veneta in Black

Louis Vuitton -
Need suggestions - prefer Classic Monogram (already have Ellipse PM, Speedy 30 and Vavin PM).

What do you think I should spend my money on?

I voted for the Balenciaga City. I think it is a great size, and I love the bbags... so the first would be my second choice.

The BV would be a good option as well, imo. I like their bags, but as you said they are pricier.

Asfor the LV, I'm not a huge fan, so it comes in last. Also, were it me, since you already have 3 of the classic monogram, I;d want something different if it were going to be my last for a while. Going soley based on pics since I don't have one, what about the Beverly MM or the Alma?

Good luck!

BV. One thing I've found is that "classic" often means simple design and quality materials and workmanship. I love Bbags as much as the next gal, but I think the BV is a bag that would still look good 20 years from now.

Definitely BV on the grounds it will complement what you already have, appears to be a terrific brand for holding its value and will last and last even if you go off monograms etc. Let us know what you decide!

Hi Ali! I voted for a BV as well. I may be biased though b/c I just purchased my first BV from Ms Beryln herself via ebay. I am awaiting a magenta medium BV :yahoo:

I love my B Bags but since you already own a few, why not jump into the BV world? You can get a great BV for below retail if you search.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!!!

Absolutely BV. I just purchased a med. Veneta and I think it is amazing. I was looking for a good quality classic bag and in searching through tPF, it really seemed like BV had all the qualities I was looking for. I bought it (retail...but do shop around, if you have patience you can find a great price) and haven't looked back!