Please Help! Don't Know What To Do :(

^^ i know what you mean.
i purchased my damier speedy 25 in the LV store and after my SA showed it to me, she squished it down flat to put into the dustbag.
i was a little bit taken aback!
i also noticed that when i got it home and took it out - it had been sitting the the trunk and was cold - it did feel kinda stiff and plastic-y ... nice and supple when it's warmer, though.
i can imagine that to get something squished in the mail would be startling, to say the least ... especially if you've never experience LVs before. (for me, that wasn't too long ago)

Yep, when I purchased my speedy 35, it was folded and placed in a dustbag as well. The first one that the SA showed me had minor flaws, so I made her take out 3 other speedies from the back and they were all folded and stored in the dustbag in the same manner.

My bag today still has the creases, but that could be because I don't use my bag very often. The creases don't bother me that much...eventually they'll go away after the weather starts to get a bit warmer (or so I hope haha).

I use to fold my speedy flat when I was done using it, but my SA told me not to as when they get older they can crack. Told me to stuff it and leave it closet...in winter i stuff it with summers t's change it with summer. Hubby laughs says I am saving draw space so I can buy more things

My damier speedy 30 was sent via post from an actual LV Boutique and it smelled and felt just like plastic - I was totally shocked. It also came flat without a box. Just came in its dust bag and with an LV Bag & receipt. I still don't know if I want to keep it... Hard to know what to expect if you haven't handled one in person before I guess...

sues - Hello & thanks for your post! Perhaps the plastic is what I'm smelling/feeling. I hope it will go away though, whatever smell it is. Did you decide to keep the damier afterall?

^^ i know what you mean.
i purchased my damier speedy 25 in the LV store and after my SA showed it to me, she squished it down flat to put into the dustbag.
i was a little bit taken aback!
i also noticed that when i got it home and took it out - it had been sitting the the trunk and was cold - it did feel kinda stiff and plastic-y ... nice and supple when it's warmer, though.
i can imagine that to get something squished in the mail would be startling, to say the least ... especially if you've never experience LVs before. (for me, that wasn't too long ago)

leema183 - Hi there & thanks for your 2cents! No worries, I would've felt exactly the same way. It's quite the appalling situation, no? How long have you had your speedy for?

Yep, when I purchased my speedy 35, it was folded and placed in a dustbag as well. The first one that the SA showed me had minor flaws, so I made her take out 3 other speedies from the back and they were all folded and stored in the dustbag in the same manner.

My bag today still has the creases, but that could be because I don't use my bag very often. The creases don't bother me that much...eventually they'll go away after the weather starts to get a bit warmer (or so I hope haha).

TresChic35 - Hello & thank you for replying! Omgosh, you & me are alike! I would've asked to see more bags until I saw the perfect one. I'm quite the perfectionist (afterall, you're paying good money for a luxury bag, right?). Someone posted earlier that you can gently blow dry the creases away if you can't wait for it to go away!

I own 4 speedies, a mono, a damier ebene, a damier azur, and an epi black. All of them with the exception of the epi black were folded flat when purchased from either LV boutique or Eluxury. The creases come out in time, I use a dryer on low heat holding it a safe distance from the bag just to get the canvas a little warm. this helps remove the creases if you wish to get rid of them more quickly. The seller you purchased the bag from has a great reputation and she stands behind her products, and if the bag has an odor that bothers you and she failed to mention any odors in her auction, I feel confident she would accept a return from you. As far as her packaging, she did package the speedy just as a LV boutique does 99% of the time!

Hi everyone!
Just an update: I have emailed the seller regarding my concerns & she is willing to accept a return from me. Hooray!
Thank you so much to those who've posted. Your comments were informative & helpful. You guys are great! :smile:

On a side note: since I no longer own a speedy, I am still in search of my very first one. I am currently debating between the perfo (something out of the ordinary) & the mono canvas (something classic & regular & well, ordinary
tongue.gif
).

Does anyone have any thoughts they'd like to share? I have less than 4 hours to make a decision between the two.

Just out of curiousity, do you think the perfo speedy (be it green, orange, or fushia) is a difficult piece to compliment your wardrobe? I'm worried it will clash. Would it still be considered a goes-with-anything-and-everything-can-dress-it-up-or-down-use-it-as-an-everyday-bag-and-as-a-night-out kind of bag (like the classic mono)?

OR I could just scrap the speedy idea & go for something else...like a neverfull pm?

Actually, I bought a Cherry Blossom Retro and I was NEVER able to get the mothball smell out.....tried EVERYTHING from Febreeze, dryer sheets, vinegar, coffee, cat litter, charcoal (all placed strategically in bags, of course, so I didn't harm the lining)...you name it, I tried it. When I sold it on eBay, I took a major loss because I'm not one to lie....I disclosed that it reeked of mothballs.

I love the speedy bag!! Go for the mono....it will go with everything. I'm glad you're returning it. Like I said, I couldn't get the mothball smell out of my retro. You could smell it a mile away!!

Actually, I bought a Cherry Blossom Retro and I was NEVER able to get the mothball smell out.....tried EVERYTHING from Febreeze, dryer sheets, vinegar, coffee, cat litter, charcoal (all placed strategically in bags, of course, so I didn't harm the lining)...you name it, I tried it. When I sold it on eBay, I took a major loss because I'm not one to lie....I disclosed that it reeked of mothballs.

I love the speedy bag!! Go for the mono....it will go with everything. I'm glad you're returning it. Like I said, I couldn't get the mothball smell out of my retro. You could smell it a mile away!!

girlsgottoshop - Hello & thanks for your reply! I'm so sorry to hear that your CB Retro was in that condition. You must've been devastated! I can only imagine how you must've felt. I'm glad you were honest about the smell & sell and that you were able to make some profit from it.

I'm glad to be able to return the speedy too! I wouldn't know what to do with it if I couldn't. Although I'm unable to determine if the unpleasant odor is the mothball smell, it bothers me, and I don't want to settle for a smelly bag.

That's 1 vote for the mono! Thanks! :heart:

I should really add a poll to this thread :P But I'm not sure how...

I just purchased from Let_trade and saw an "unveiling" picture of it from the shipment package-- appeared to be a flat insulated envelope-- mine will probably also come just as LV folds them.

Ah, moth-balls... what is that and what does that smell like exactly??

I would get another Speedy, and if you are really picky about its perfection you've got to buy new. I'm not, and I like saving money, so I often buy from let-trade or other MPRS sellers, but I tend to overlook flaws and actually don't mind the mothball smell!

I think you will really enjoy having a Speedy-- maybe the 30-- since it's a very versatile bag.

I would get another Speedy, and if you are really picky about its perfection you've got to buy new. I'm not, and I like saving money, so I often buy from let-trade or other MPRS sellers, but I tend to overlook flaws and actually don't mind the mothball smell!

I think you will really enjoy having a Speedy-- maybe the 30-- since it's a very versatile bag.

I agree with this suggestion, buying new or maybe buying from another reseller is what you should do if you're still extremely unsatisfied.
I just bought a Speedy 30 on eBay and I am VERY unhappy with the lack of sheen that this bag has-- apparently this could be found on any LV bag, it just depends on the "batch" of where they were made (mine looks very matted) or something like that. So now, I just bought another, but instead of eBay I found one on Let-trade and will be selling this one I just bought back onto eBay.
It's really worth it to do whatever it is to be satisfied for the amount of money we spend on bags and the lifetime we expect to use them for!

I agree with another speedy.. it really is a classic bag, and a great choice for your first LV.
If you get something else.. you will probably end up wanting a speedy later.. it's sort of like the "cult" bag! lol

I'm glad you are returning the bag also.. there are some sellers I would never buy from, for exactly that reason.. I won't take the risk of receiving a bag with odors. I can take a lot of things.. but odors are a huge no no with me! :yucky: