Please help.. Can't decide between Classic Jumbo or Reissue

I've always been a classic flap girl (own 4) but wow the reissues are definitely catching my eye!! They are beautiful, understated in a good way and just so classy. My vote goes to the stunning reissue u posted!!! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

I heard that the chevron Reissues are selling fast, but the quilted is the ultimate classic and will therefore always be popular I think. Last Saturday I saw several chevron Reissues at the boutique, and while I thought they were beautiful, I personally like the quilted best. The chevron seemed quite sturdy to me while my quilted bag is very supple, which I love. I think the best thing you can do is to go to the boutique, look at both and see which one makes your heart sing :smile:

Thanks Marlee.. but my boutique only has the Chevron and not the quilted. I agree that the quilted will always be the classic! Has the reissue always been made using calfskin? not sure whether calfskin is more durable than lambskin?

I've always been a classic flap girl (own 4) but wow the reissues are definitely catching my eye!! They are beautiful, understated in a good way and just so classy. My vote goes to the stunning reissue u posted!!! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Ceedoan, you said it. I like how the reissue is so understated. People who knows Chanel will definitely appreciates this purse! I personally don't like designer purses that screams the label, which is why I don't own a single LV monogram purse, although some designs are really nice too! :smile::smile:

Thanks Marlee.. but my boutique only has the Chevron and not the quilted. I agree that the quilted will always be the classic! Has the reissue always been made using calfskin? not sure whether calfskin is more durable than lambskin?

I remember seeing Reissues in calfskin, goatskin and patent. In general, I think calf is more durable, though in my opinion, lambskin is not as delicate as many people think. However, because the calfskin is aged, it is extremely durable and doesn't show wear. My bag still looks like new :heart:

I'd say just go to the store and see if you love the chevron, if you do not, just wait for the quilted to come in, they seem to be pretty readily available (at least where I live).

Thanks breathe.love! I tried on both and I actually like the reissue better too! I don't have a classic.. and the SA was appalled that I hesitated on a Classic Jumbo!? and proceeded to tell me how "hard" it was to get a classic jumbo in.. etc... that's where the panic and uncertainty comes in.. :P
I'm not sure what the size is.. but the SA says it's the jumbo size too..

The SA I met was honest in the sense that he said the chevron reissue looked better on me than the jumbo. So there wasn't a reason for me to go for the jumbo.

Between chevron and quilts, I also feel quilts are more timeless and it just screams Chanel in a subtle manner. However, the quilted version I tried in store didn't look nice and the color isn't as intense black as the chevron.

Hope you manage to somehow be able to try on the bags before deciding. It's much easier than visualizing, I've been through it. [emoji38]