Please give me some final denim input!

I love the style of the pleaty, but I'm just not sold on the denim, I think vernis is much more worthy of the $$$ than denim is.... Plus I think if I bought the pleaty right now I would get the green because I really like green, but if I wait I may only be able to get the blue which I think may be a better choice...

Lola, I had my doubts concerning the denim line at first, but I actually love the baggy denim pm I own! It's casual, and I am not compulsively concerned about where I lay it or take it. I loved the look of the vernis line at first, but now that I have seen some pieces irl and on people, I don't like it nearly as much--it looks too plastic. As a matter of fact, I saw both a fuschia vernis reade and a denim baggy at the spa yesterday and thought that the denim looked better; then again, the way that the people wore the bags may have had an influence on my opinion.

I am another go for the green denim here. I wasn't sold on it when I got it (mainly because of price and longevity) but it is the bag I use most. It is great for casual wear and fun for going out. You don't have to worry about denims being too matchy-matchy (like you would with the blue). I vote green denim pleaty... all the way!!

Lexington, since you're obviously leaning towards it and also it seems it will serve you more than a Mini Pleaty would (especially for dressy occasions!).

I also think I'd like it more in the long run. The denim line seems like more of "a phase" line. Just IMHO :P

Lola, I think it depends on what you want more... something you'll get more use out of everyday or something a little fancier?

You have quite a bit vernis pieces already and the denim would be something entirely different. Plus you're going to get another vernis piece (the reade) soon?

I think having a denim bag whether it be in blue or green or pink is not "overkill" even if you live in your jeans! I think it would only look like denim exploded on you if you were also wearing a denim shirt. :yes:

I think the denim line goes great with casual days out.

I think the lexington is absolutely beautiful, but I guess my beef is that it holds so little since the vernis makes it more stiff.

I actually don't have ANY vernis bags, this will be my first, the reade pm will be my second and probably last....I do have some vernis accessories...

Lexington, since you're obviously leaning towards it and also it seems it will serve you more than a Mini Pleaty would (especially for dressy occasions!).

I also think I'd like it more in the long run. The denim line seems like more of "a phase" line. Just IMHO :P

I think you're right, I'm leaning toward this, and I totally agree with you on the long run.....I like to invest in bags that I will want to use now and later..... even thought vernis (and epi for that matter) change color options often, I still don't think they ever look dated, and I find it fun to own colors that are limited so everyone won't have the same group of colors....I need a little bag that will be more fancy that what I have, so I think the noisette lexington is it, and I love that if I want to wear it with jeans and a blazer I can do that too!

I actually don't have ANY vernis bags, this will be my first, the reade pm will be my second and probably last....I do have some vernis accessories...

Sorry.. when I said "vernis pieces" I actually meant your agenda and cles.

Good luck with your choice! Either way... you can't really go wrong! :love:

the denim reminds me of the 80s. not a fan. (one tpfer's husband said it looked like a baby did poops in her jeans.)

ME Too! since I already lived through the 80's (owning a few acid washed denim bags to boot) I think that's another thing that's in the back of my head and probably why I was considering the green, I love the shade of green they used but I just can't commit to it because it doesn't seem like there's much to the bag and I don't see myself getting the return out of it for the money......I hate for it to come down to a $$$ thing, but I think that's what I can't get passed. I'm willing to pay nearly the same price for a bag about half the size (in terms of what it can fit) but it seems way more classic and the workmanship of the bag seems more worthy of the money to me if that makes any sense....I think I'm going to pass on the pleaty once and for all! I think:P

I have to admit, I did buy a pair of straight/skinny leg jeans recently and LOVE them, they're nothing like the ones I wore in the 80's though...:upsidedown:

LOLA, i was kinda in the same boat as you prior to buying my blue mini pleaty. I have a houston marshmallow (lt. pink) and i love it BUT it was so delicate, i couldn't even enjoy it. I used it a couple times and it already had some color transfers due to the light color. The lexington is very stiff and you can barely put anything in it. Plus the color you want is the worst as it is white. Don't get me wrong, the vernis is gorgeous however, it is just too delicate for me and after spending $ and you see that something transfered on it will bother you.

Now...with the denim mini pleaty. Like i said before, i really didn't like the denim when i first saw it on elux. When i saw it at the store and tried it on, i fell in love with it. It is pretty roomy and my LV PTI fits, cell, keys, cles fits and it has room to spare. I love pink one but i chose the blue one as it matched more of my clothing. I wear it with capris, jeans...but not with a denim jacket. hehehe... I suggest the blue mini pleaty. It's so unique, stylish, modern, and classy at the same time.

I wouldn't listen to anyone that claims to look like their grandmas couch...plus, purchase a bag that will make you HAPPY!!! =)