Please don't hate me

has anyone here actually weighed a paddy to see how much it weighs with and without the lock? I'd be curious :=) When I shipped mine out, it weighed in at 4lbs 3oz in the box. So I would guess it was about 4lbs or so?

I love to look at all the paddy colors in this forum and seriously contemplated on getting one online as they do not have any chloe boutiques in range 'down under'. However, the padlock for me is the biggest obstacle which deterred me from getting one, as well as the mark up price. Though I think blue clair, garnet, blanc and chocolate paddies look really really awesome.

Twinklette said:
has anyone here actually weighed a paddy to see how much it weighs with and without the lock? I'd be curious :=) When I shipped mine out, it weighed in at 4lbs 3oz in the box. So I would guess it was about 4lbs or so?

Yeah, I was a dork and weighed the paddy and lock on a digital scale! :shame: The traditional satchel with lock is 3 pounds even. I actually don't recall the lock weight but it might have been 4 ounces... the lock itself wasn't the motherload!

I know exactly where your coming from!
The paddy is such a gorgeous design.. but the weight was also a huge problem for me. So I ended up returning it. But I really really love the design of the bag, so I wanted to go with a baby paddy.

Then I was on a hunt for it!! I finally found her. hehehe. The baby paddy is alot smaller but its the perfect size for me as I dont usually carry alot of stuff. I absolutely love love love it!

Ok guys. Today is officially one of the worst days of my life. I had agreed to get the paddy authenticated since it was an eBay auction -- reference the seller watch: http://forum.purseblog.com/seller-watch/paddy-experts-nedded-10831.html -- with the PF member I agreed to trade it with. She used the dude (http://www.lovetart.com/askdude.htm) and sent several detailed pictures... and the result was that it was one of those super fakes!!! I haven't heard the reasons why so I'm waiting on that.

I'm mortified... even one of our members said that this seller was good and the bag was real... I guess no one can be 100% sure. The bigger problem is that the eBay seller is now no longer a registered user on eBay and his email doesn't work. I emailed eBay but I really don't know what they'll be able to do. Any suggestions of what I should do???

These are the detailed pictures of the paddy I took if you want to look for yourselves. I want to cry... :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Attachments

• paddy.jpg
    paddy.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 35
  • paddy_bottom.jpg
    paddy_bottom.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 29
  • paddy_buckle.jpg
    paddy_buckle.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 23
  • paddy_clasp.jpg
    paddy_clasp.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 24
  • paddy_inside.jpg
    paddy_inside.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 22
  • paddy_lock.jpg
    paddy_lock.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 23
  • paddy_lock2.jpg
    paddy_lock2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 22
  • paddy_serial.jpg
    paddy_serial.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 24
  • paddy_side.jpg
    paddy_side.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 25
OH no Jeannie!!! I'm so sorry. I can't believe this happened to you! Did you use a CC so that you could dispute the charge and do a chargeback? That would be your best bet.

Jeannie, that bag looks completely authentic to me. Some minor changes occured with the 2006 season: a thicker, heavier lining in some bags, stiffer leather, and a larger Chloe font on the leather lock wrap. Anyone unfamiliar with these changes could easily mistake an authentic Paddington for a fake. I purchased two Whiskey bags from NM - the second one looked exactly like yours while the first one was super slouchy, pebbly and very saturated with color. I returned the second one because I thought it could be mistaken for a fake.

Find out exactly why this dude character deems your bag a fake. Is she the Chloe fairy? The Paddington Queen? Phoebe's little elf?? I think the members of this forum who own multiple bags are perfectly capable of authenticating a fake bag from photos, and I am eager to see if anyone disagrees with me that your bag is the real deal.

I'm eager to hear the reasons why. Unfortunately, without being able to contact the seller for authentification in the form of a receipt, you probably have no recourse and are stuck with the bag.

Dude is very reputable in the "purse" community, she sells only authentic designer goods on ebay which includes many paddingtons.
The seller that sold Jeannie her paddy is NARU for selling fakes.

NARU means no longer a register user on ebay.

For one to handle many, many paddingtons I would think she is familiar with it. Dude actually charges for her authentication services, so for somebody to charge money for it, I would think she has a certain level of expertise to do so.
But I do agree nobody is perfect and always right.

Vixy said:
NARU means no longer a register user on ebay.

For one to handle many, many paddingtons I would think she is familiar with it. Dude actually charges for her authentication services, so for somebody to charge money for it, I would think she has a certain level of expertise to do so.
But I do agree nobody is perfect and always right.

She charges for her services? Go to Jeannie's other thread and read the response Dude gave her as to why she feels her bag is fake. She got NOTHING for her money!! Anyway, I'm not taking this out on you Vixy; I'm just upset for Jeannie!

i know i posted this in the other thread as well but just because people charge for their services doesn't mean they don't make infallible....the people over at my poupette have been known to make errors and they've been around for years and years and are established LV"experts"