Please can you help me chose my first YSL

brigita

O.G.
Feb 10, 2010
I am looking to buy one classic YSL that will not date quickly. I am looking for a smallish bag that is versatile and can be used day time mainly with many different outfits. It is important that the bag goes well with jeans and very plain, casual clothes. What would you recommend?

I echo the toy or small loulou comments. It also depends on what you mean by "smallish". How small exactly? The toy loulou is adorable, but it's definitely a small bag. If you carry more, you'd need to size up to the small size.

You could also look at the lou matelasse camera bags. Those are a classic style IMO too, since the camera bag style has been around for ages.

Small LouLou (with oxidized silver hardware), toy Loulou, Lou camera bag, College and Niki are all casual bags. I think the Lou and small Loulou have a little more versatility as they can go day to night (not fancy night, but out to dinner).

Another vote for the small Loulou! I live in jeans, and the loulou looks great with super casual clothing, but also works with dressier outfits too.
Where does the toy loulou fall on you? I’m a bit short at 5’2 and i prefer my bag to sit quite high. How low will it hang?
Another readon why im considering the small so i can carry it as a shoulder bag. But the price point gap between the two is huge...
which is better the loulou or loulou puffer? Is the puffer too trendy?