Planning to get a rouette

Which color is better for rouette

• Tan/black

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • All black

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters
I like them both and feel with all Goyard bags that the all black looks dressier than the Black and Tan, which looks more casual (and I tend to veer casual). But with the Rouette, I find the tan leather flap a bit jarring. They are both lovely though, and you can’t go wrong with either choice. I have an Artois MM in black/tan (which really is a great combo) and a Rouette in gray.

I like them both and feel with all Goyard bags that the all black looks dressier than the Black and Tan, which looks more casual (and I tend to veer casual). But with the Rouette, I find the tan leather flap a bit jarring. They are both lovely though, and you can’t go wrong with either choice. I have an Artois MM in black/tan (which really is a great combo) and a Rouette in gray.

Thank you so much for your insight!

Reactions: Lillianlm
Hello! I'm curious to know how you find the magnetic closure. Is it secure?

Yes, I think it is secure. That being said, I still wouldn’t wear the bag on a crowded metro unless it were under my arm (with the strap doubled) or crossbody, in front on me. The magnetic closure is about the size of a dime and it has decent pull (it’s not hard to get in and out of) but you need to still be mindful in a crowd. I’m originally from NYC so I’m all about secure handbags. I’m happy with this bag security-wise, with the recognition that it’s not as secure as a zipper.

That makes sense. But i need to be able to put water bottle and my sons change of clothing. Will that make it heavier?
But recognize that this is not a very large bag. You should be able to fit a toddler shirt and pants and a small plastic water bottle along with your personal items. If you want to carry a 32 Oz metal water bottle, kids shoes, etc, the Artois MM would be a better bag.

But recognize that this is not a very large bag. You should be able to fit a toddler shirt and pants and a small plastic water bottle along with your personal items. If you want to carry a 32 Oz metal water bottle, kids shoes, etc, the Artois MM would be a better bag.
I second this.

I owned the Rouette for a short bit and would say that the capacity for the Rouette is similar to the LV Neverfull PM. The longer strap makes for a really comfortable and cute length when worn doubled-up on the shoulder. It’s a cute tote for work or a day out. But not a mommy bag.