Scarves *Pirouette au Galop* love affair :)

QF, the Samourais CW05 is stunning!
I googled it and it’s striking worn on black!
I’m sure white too!

I would be torn too if I were presented with the 3 choices you listed!
You went with your heart and no regret afterwards.

Though just wondering when you said to consult other SA, wouldn’t that offend my SA?

I actually like both scarves you are choosing from equally

My choice was between Parures de Samourais cw 05 (rich blues, orange), Robe du Soir in a light blue colorway, and Samourais in 06 which I would have had to keep looking for.
I knew I wanted blues and something versatile that I could wear all summer when my office gets chilly. The Samourais isn't that versatile but it was just stunning.
The Robe du Soir was very delicate and easy to wear but I took the brilliantly colored Samourais and do not regret it at all! So....take the one you love most and if you are 50/50, consult more than one SA on what is flattering!

my 2 cents :smile:
when i first saw the pictures, i fell for warm cream with grey horses and orange hem, been stalking the store like mad, and when they got the stock.... geezzz.... what a disappointment it was for me!! while i LOVED the shawl on its own, tied on me it looked so.... lame?.... as if someone was fixing the car engine and just wiped the soiled hands at the piece of rag... i donno, maybe i didn't tie it well, but it looked really not good on me.
I also called for advice here, in the forum, and got a lot of support, and wise advice - don't settle if you don't know for sure. You must FEEL when it's LOVE
so, i passed on that, and without much hope, popped in some time later to see other colours, and what a surprise it was to try the dark blue one! It looked completely different, very ME, very :heart:
i haven't regretted a single minute passing on the light and getting the dark one!
So, my advice for you is LISTEN TO YOUR HEART.
if you are not sure, maybe none of the 2 are YOURS? maybe, it's better to search for another cw?
or, if you know for sure you'll be happy getting either, then imagine you're back to store, but both are sold, which one you'll miss more???
here's mine, love it beats!! :hbeat:
Thank you for your advice @ksuromax :hugs:and sharing your experience!
You taught me:
1. CSGM has two personalities :lol:, one lying flat and the other, whilst worn on

2. “imagine you're back to store, but both are sold, which one you'll miss more???”
Lifetime wisdom!

I rang the store yesterday as I can’t wait anymore only to learn my SA is on AL.
Nihoo couldn’t help sussing out the stock level on the two n was told only 1 Blanc left n 4 on beige!

Reactions: ksuromax
OP, definitely don't be intimidated to try them on again. You're doing so to find the right one for you so you will only enjoy it more in the future and SAs are there to assist you. You are a serious buyer. It's not wasting their time at all.

I think they are both gorgeous CWs, which I've both got to try on. Other than matching your wardrobe, the most important thing is that it should compliment your complexion because it most likely will be right next to your face. I personally find beige tricky in general and a color you definitely need to try on longer to see if it fits you. The right beige will easily make one look elegant and can be very versatile but even if it's just faintly different composition, it could make one look washed out. Especially with one that has somewhat limited colors on it. You can't change how the colors show by tying it differently. Try it on again as if you're home getting dressed. What are you wearing it with? How will you wear it / tie it? See if this is you. See if it makes you feel great to walk out of the door.

The cream one I find more forgiving with those colorful horses but it will probably stand out more according to how you describe your wardrobe. Is that what you're looking for? It will go well with black as well if you tie it in a way to show more of the dark blue part.

Play with them more to see their potential. This is your first one. SAs will understand that you need more time to find the right one. Good luck choosing!
Thank you for your great advice @cavalla
:hugs:
I am shy as I feel like a peon amongst the colossal big spenders at that store (we only have 1 H store in Sydney).
On every visits, the store is always filled with Asian clients and more often than not, their exotics bags!
So my thought, why waste time on me when the other clients pretty much can pour out $$$$!

Hence I want to make everything easy n simple for my SA cos she’s so sweet!
Unfortunately H CSGM is by no means a simple task!

I noted what you said “You can't change how the colors show by tying it differently“ and it’s so helpful as all these times I only thought which will match my wardrobe more but never on which will compliment my skin.

I am very introvert so don’t like to draw attention to myself (lol ummmm :rolleyes:I am dreaming of owning bags that literally screams: look at me!!! :lol:) so like you said the Blanc with different horses will stand out more but beige will blend nicely which might suit my personality better.

Thank you - I am looking at my wardrobe now n visualising as I’m getting ready which CW I would reach out?

Ladybaga’s gorg

Great pics, Ladybaga! They perfectly illustrate why OP should go with the Blanc Pirouette. Yes, it can be a summery-looking shawl but in reality it is a PERFECT Winter White. And let’s face it, a CSGM shawl worn during Summer, no matter the color, just looks odd. Unless, of course, one lives somewhere tropical (like I do) and a CSGM is needed for warmth in a restaurant that has the a/c set on “Arctic Blast.”
Thanks @StaceyLyn :hugs:
Are you in SG?
If so, yes I know what you mean!
Like one has to carry winter jacket to wear as soon as one enters the Dept Store!

I may be somewhat biased here (<---------look at my avatar!), but I am twins with Ladybaga. Four different color sketches = 4 different looking shawls, at the very least! I NEVER wear white, only cream. Yet, this white works for my warm toned skin.
You wear it so well @bobkat1991 :love:

Yes! Can’t deny the 4 different colour horses presenting 4 different looks! :lol:

Reactions: bobkat1991
Thanks for the great modeling shots, ladies. Beige looks very good against your skin tone, my vote! Try it on again and see what makes her heart flutter and keep us posted!
I do also love the beautiful colors on the white...maybe there's another scarf that could fill that void? I have been eyeing something with a pop of multi color and although this one isn't Cashmere it has been singing to me....[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️View attachment 4113566
Thanks @viggy :hugs:
I will try again and decide.

And that beautiful colourful scarf :love:
So crisp, fun yet elegant!!! :love:

My sister is visiting your lovely country as I type. And coincidentally, I'm in the San Francisco area and was drawn to your thread because I've been eyeing the Pirouette in the marine cw.

Weather does play a big factor, but I still vote for the blanc even if you could only wear during the 'winter' months. Although they are few and far between, you should consider cotton scarves. I have two H cotton stoles that I love and wear during warmer weather. One of the stoles I have is actually a mens 'muffler' so don't be afraid to check on the mens side. The patterns/themes may not be as varied, but I think it's worth a look. :smile:
@cocomlle I love San Fran!
You live in one of the most beautiful and exciting cities I think!!!

Have you been able to try the marine???
I am excited to hear your experience because I love this CSGM!

Noted your advice on cotton stole from menswear!
I will definitely check it out nxt time!

Yes, the CW @ksuromax is wearing took my breath away! These CSGMs really do take on a life of their own once tied around a neck.

I bought the Samourais CSGM in CW 05, the blue with salmon tassels. I love it! I *really* want to find a silk 90 in either CW 05 or 04...

You have gotten some great advice here. I am a big proponent of going with what makes your heart sing! Both scarves look good on you, and white in winter can be very chic. I would choose the one that really excites you when you next try them on. Keep us posted!
You’re twinsy with @QuelleFromage on the PdS CW05!!! :loveeyes:
Beautiful choice!
Now looking forward to your Fall for you to be able to wear it!

I know! Sigh!
I really hope your hubby will find the CWs in his travels!

Thank you!
I will!

Reactions: zeitaku
Last edited:
@cocomlle I love San Fran!
You live in one of the most beautiful and exciting cities I think!!!

Have you been able to try the marine???
I am excited to hear your experience because I love this CSGM!

Noted your advice on cotton stole from menswear!
I will definitely check it out nxt time!

Have you visited SF? There's a great group of TPFers here as I'm sure there are all over the world.

I haven't tried the marine in person. On H.com, it looks more noir which is what I was looking for...SF and black is a thing haha. I'm debating the marine, but in no hurry since it's summer right now. And F/W scarves are rolling in so might find a CSGM more to my liking/specs. I'm always on the H hunt. ;)

Reactions: zeitaku