Pigalle 85

Anybody able to chime in on the 85 vs 100? I change my mind daily...I know some might say just get both ;) but I'll only be able to afford one!

I tried both and I like the look of the 100 better, but there is a little elastic strip in the back of the heel of the 100 that made them very uncomfortable for me. Without that, I'd say the comfort level would have been almost equal. I personally just preferred the 85 for what I needed in my wardrobe.

Hey!

I normally wear a 37.5 but ordered half a size up. When I got the 38, they fit but there was a noticeable gap between my heel and the shoe. I exchanged the shoes thorough netaporter and got the perfect 37.5 size! They're so comfortable and the heel height is manageable and still sexy, I think.

Here they are :smile:

I was a little concerned because I thought the kid leather would scuff easily but the toe doesn't seem to hit the ground as I thought it would. Not sure why I thought that but I love them! Can't wait to wear them for my sisters engagement party next month!

Attachments

• image-2845604218.jpg
    image-2845604218.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 5,143
  • image-2500053061.jpg
    image-2500053061.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 3,783
  • image-2080484824.jpg
    image-2080484824.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 3,878
rehana said:
Hey!

I normally wear a 37.5 but ordered half a size up. When I got the 38, they fit but there was a noticeable gap between my heel and the shoe. I exchanged the shoes thorough netaporter and got the perfect 37.5 size! They're so comfortable and the heel height is manageable and still sexy, I think.

Here they are :smile:

I was a little concerned because I thought the kid leather would scuff easily but the toe doesn't seem to hit the ground as I thought it would. Not sure why I thought that but I love them! Can't wait to wear them for my sisters engagement party next month!

FANTASTIC shoes!! Congrats hope they will be your favorite ;0)

So happy to see a Pigalle 85 thread!! I was debating between the Pigalle 85, Pigalle 100 and Manolo BBs but I think I am going to get the Pigalle 85s. Glad to hear that they should be comfy and from this thread, it seems like I should just order TTS??

I also got the pigalle 85, black patent as my first louboutin. I was looking for a classic pair of black pumps and after going to Prada, Manolo B, found these to be the most elegant, wearable, versatile and sexy (men go crazy about it!) I can't walk higher than that. I took a 37.5 and don't know my size in CL but in general I'm a 38. I have thin feet and they re tight around the toes.

Anyone notice that the toe box on the older Pigalle 100's and 85's are shorter than the newer ones? I just got the 100mm with the elastic at the heel, and noticed that I didnt have much toe cleavage. I feel like pics I see of others with the same shoe (possibly older versions) seem to have a smaller toe box. My pigalle 120's have tons of toe cleavage.

Anyone notice that the toe box on the older Pigalle 100's and 85's are shorter than the newer ones? I just got the 100mm with the elastic at the heel, and noticed that I didnt have much toe cleavage. I feel like pics I see of others with the same shoe (possibly older versions) seem to have a smaller toe box. My pigalle 120's have tons of toe cleavage.

You are right.. I barely have toe cleavage as well but I feel I have more in my Batignolles.

Do you prefer your Batignolles over your Pigalle?

Nope prefer the Pigalles.. The heel feels more stable on the Pigalle since its straight. I find I wobble sometimes with the bagtinolles since it has a sculpted skinnier heel.. Won't let the bagtinolles go though I will just keep practicing better balance in them.

May I ask what the difference is between Pigalle and Piou Piou? I have the latter and I can't figure out the difference from reading this thread. Thanks! :smile:

The Piou Piou has a curvier heel set a little more towards the center of the foot, than the Pigalle. The toe is also shaped a bit differently. The Piou Piou, in my opinion, looks like the closest shoe to a 1950s stiletto. I really like them - would love a pair myself. :cool: