Pictures

shoeluver2

Feb 19, 2010
Has anyone else had potential bidders ask you to email them pics of your items and then they never respond. Once I email them the pics they requested I will follow up with them through ebay messages to make sure they got the pics and lately I get no response. I'm wondering if they just want the pics to use and sell their items later on ebay.

I don't know if that's the case. I did it once, but it was because I just didn't like the item after being shown closer pics and more details in the pictures. They might just not like your item, you might want to watermark them to avoid them using them for their gain :smile:

I have asked for additional pictures in the past a few times. I would, however, always be polite enough to reply and thank the seller for the effort. There are so many rude and arrogand people around IMO. Ugh, LOL!

I have asked for additional pictures in the past a few times. I would, however, always be polite enough to reply and thank the seller for the effort. There are so many rude and arrogand people around IMO. Ugh, LOL!

That's exactly how I feel. She could have at least emailed me back to let me know she got them.

Yep, has happened to me several times (and thats only having sold a handful of items) - as the others have said, I wouldn't worry too much about ulterior motives - probably they just didn't like the item or weren't that serious about it in the first place.

Yep, has happened to me several times (and thats only having sold a handful of items) - as the others have said, I wouldn't worry too much about ulterior motives - probably they just didn't like the item or weren't that serious about it in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Been selling on ebay for quite some time and think the above highlighted is the most accurate...95% of the people who ask questions about the item or for more pics. don't buy...My mom and I are surprised when the few who do ask and then actually bid...And no, they typically don't respond after receiving the info..Go figure? I've stopped trying to figure people out...

Yep, has happened to me several times (and thats only having sold a handful of items) - as the others have said, I wouldn't worry too much about ulterior motives - probably they just didn't like the item or weren't that serious about it in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Been selling on ebay for quite some time and think the above highlighted is the most accurate...95% of the people who ask questions about the item or for more pics. don't buy...My mom and I are surprised when the few who do ask and then actually bid...And no, they typically don't respond after receiving the info..Go figure? I've stopped trying to figure people out...

Maybe I should not waste my time emailing my pictures if they are not going to bid or at least email me back.

I wouldn't say that - I mean, for every 10 that aren't really interested, there may be 1 that is and you don't want to lose a potential buyer surely? I think it's just something you have to grin and bear.

I wouldn't say that either...we always answer and send pics. cuz you never know but I don't get my hopes up...if they do buy - great...if not I just keep rolling..I don't let it get to me..I also sell on other sites and to be quite honest I find the opposite there...the majority of people who ask ?''s there typically do buy...don't know why..but like I said I've stopped trying to figure it out!

Maybe I should not waste my time emailing my pictures if they are not going to bid or at least email me back.

Despite the hassle or inconvience, I think it's better if you send the pictures. The golden rule I picked up from the AT threads is: no pics = no buy.

If you have all the pics available, then maybe there will be less inquiries for more pictures.

Despite the hassle or inconvience, I think it's better if you send the pictures. The golden rule I picked up from the AT threads is: no pics = no buy.

If you have all the pics available, then maybe there will be less inquiries for more pictures.

Just for the record....that wasn't my quote...I always answer or send pics...

We usually have all the pertinent info. & pics. in the listing...that's why I think the person really wasn't interested int he first place since they'll ask for some obscure pic.. or ask a ? like " Is this leather?" and the listing already stated that it was..We still always answer politely and in a timely manner...like I said you never know!! They just might be the one to buy..

Last edited:
I have on occasion asked for photos but then somehow neglected to respond to the seller saying thanks. I don't mean it viciously or to waste their time...I sometimes read a message and then had to go off and do something else. And afterward just forgot all about it. I certainly hope those few sellers weren't incredibly overly offended. I am guilty for being a space cadet but I don't think I am alone...?

Think many sellers do appreciate that thank you for mailing additional

photos and answering any additional ?'s.. some people are just too busy or get

distracted and don't always respond.. just chalk it up to doing business and

if you have answered the question, that is really what counts..IMO