Food Pictures & Recipes of your Healthy Meals!

Low Cal Dessert....FLUFF :heart: (1 point or 50 cal per cup)

This is a variation on a Weight Watchers recipe, and we love it around here....this is a double recipe. If you want less, just cut it in half.

• 2 containers of sugar free coolwhip (standard sized)
  • 2 small containers fat free vanilla yogurt (8 oz)
  • 2 small boxes jello sugar free/fat free banana pudding (you could substitute either white chocolate or vanilla--whatever you like)
  • 1 large can of crushed pineapple in its own juice
  • 1 small bag (1/2 cup) of pecans pieces (take the can of pineapple and smash them in the bag before you open it...they will be perfect size. (if you don't like pecans, use whatever you like)
  • Lately because the blueberries are so good this year, I've been adding a cup of blueberries...totally optional
Combine the yogurt, pineapple, and pudding until all ingredients are mixed (will look kind of lumpy..it's ok)

Add nuts and fruit and stir

Fold in Cool Whip

Refrigerate for an hour

Eat, eat, eat!

if you can get cans of garbanzo beans (or chick peas, same difference) you can make your own hummus! ;)

my favorite healthy meal is just grilled chicken (or eggplant/portebello mushrooms) using a bit of mesquite wood in the bottom of the cooker in a pie pan then just chopping it up and putting it over a salad of baby greens

great dressings:

Avo-Ranch
1/3 your favorite low cal ranch dressing
1/3 mashed avocado
1/3 water
a little bit of red pepper flakes and ground black pepper

Pom Vinegarette- a twist on raspberry vinegarette
buy a pomegrante (or use POM) and squish the seeds through a strainer
add olive oil and balsalmic to taste
(if you like a bit of spice add a bit of wasabi... yum yum!)
at the very end i like to add a little bit of lime too... really brings out the pomegrante flavor

For dessert though- nothing beats a square of Ghiradelli milk chocolate for me. 55 calories and ends all the chocolate cravings (especially if you eat the dark chocolate one... o man!) sometimes you just gotta have chocolate, i think if you dont go out and eat a snickers (273 calories) when you really are having a craving, and instead just have one of these decadent squares... all is good.

Me and my boyfriend LOVE to cook. I had weight loss surgery 5 months ago - so our cooking had to do alot of changing. So we bought alot of cook books and improvise off of shows on the food network - so here are some pictures I've taken of our culonary creations :smile: These were all taken in East Hampton within the past 2 weeks. We were on vacation, and being we love to cook - that's basically what we did every day! Every day we'd go to an out door market and then to the fish market and think of what to make for dinner.

This is breaded shrimp, cooked in a light amount of EVOO (this was for the boys, I can't tolerate shrimp). The fish is local black fish that I cured in lemon juice and marinated in chopped garlic. It's then egged and breaded and sauteed with a little EVOO and a little "Smart Balance Butter", which is a mock butter spread - my stomach doesn't tolerate butter. The hot fish is then plated over fresh baby spinach, which cooks from the heat of the fish. The pasta dish is a whole grain rotini. The pesto I made by heating some EVOO in a small saucepan for as long as possible, at the lowest heat possible with 4 garlic cloves, chopped and chopped fresh basil. When the pesto sauce was almost done I added local peas from a nearby market. The cocktail sauce I got at the fish market.
bcd023f0.jpg

47e1baf6.jpg

This is breaded and baked flounder over baby spinach - again, I cure the fish in fresh squeezed lemon and rub minced garlic all over the fish. I marinate the fish for at least an hour prior to egging and breading. While the fish is cooking I sprinkle salt, pepper, and more lemon on top of the bread crumb:
DSCN0236.jpg

DSCN0232.jpg

This is another fish and shrimp meal. The fish (black fish) and shrimp are breaded and baked. The spaghetti is whole grain wheat spaghetti in a "butter" (again, I use a mock butter spread) lemon sauce, garnished with fresh basil leaves. The shrimp cocktail is simply cleaned shrimp cooked in a little bit of water and salt:
DSCN0277.jpg

MMMinTX said:
LL- Those recipes look wonderful! You've inspired me to start (re-start?) cooking healthy meals more regularly.

Well I was lucky I always loved to cook - it's really my favorite hobby, if you could call it a hobby haha :lol:. My boyfriend also loves to cook - so after my WLS we didn't want to lose our favorite past time, and so we just learned to adjust our favorite recipes to make them healthier. We even perfected the art of low carb/sugar free/low fat cheese cake ;) it's absolutely decadent and you feel like you're cheating! Eating healthy doesn't have to taste like crap; dietting doesn't need to be a strugle if you enjoy what you're intaking. Those are the ideas I keep in mind when recipe planning :P

I know this thread is ages old, but can we revive it for the New Year? I've really got to work on my waistline this year! I typically make lettuce wraps (turkey, cheese, lettuce, spray dressing) to take to work, but I'm interested in other options so I don't get bored and burn out (or run to the nearest Krispy Kreme!)

I know this thread is ages old, but can we revive it for the New Year? I've really got to work on my waistline this year! I typically make lettuce wraps (turkey, cheese, lettuce, spray dressing) to take to work, but I'm interested in other options so I don't get bored and burn out (or run to the nearest Krispy Kreme!)

I'm glad to see this thread revived; eating healthy is extremely important. :tup:

Try Cooking Light (http://www.cookinglight.com/) for a wealth of not only recipes, but nutrition info, lifestyle advice, etc. I subscribe to the magazine and absolutely love it. :tup:

I unfortunately don't have a picture because I forgot a key ingredient. A super hot guy was hitting on me and I got distracted. Lets face it, there's nothing like a hot guy hitting on you in a supermarket when you're feeling "off" or "fat" all day. I will pick up the missing ingredient and make this tomorrow, hopefully with pics!

Here's the recipe:

Athenian Fish
4 fish fillets (tilapia, snapper, or mahi) - I used mahi because Publix was out of everything else today!
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp Greek seasoning, divided
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 c diced onions
1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (drained)
1/4 cup white wine

1. Preheat large saute pan on med-high 2-3 mins. Season both sides of fish with pepper and 1/2 tsp Greek seasoning.
2. Place oil in pan, add garlic and onions. Cook and stir 1-2 mins until onions are slightly softened.
3. Add fish fillets and top with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook 8-10 mins, stirring vegetables once or until fish is 145 degrees F. Serve.

1/4 recipe: 190 cal, 6 g fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 9 g carb, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein

Courtesy of Oh She Glows, Creamy Avocado Pasta. You will never miss cheese or butter again! I halved the recipe (as I was cooking for one!) and it tasted great! Could have used a bit more garlic, maybe some cilantro; will be perfect next time!

http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/

That looks good!! I am going to make this tomorrow!! I have an avocado that needs to be used!! I usually make lemon pasta with an egg and some parmesean, will love to see how this tastes!! Thanks for sharing!