pictures of scrunchy cornflower handles

Roo said:
I have used mine Tod, for about two weeks I carried her around. But I do remember distinctly that the ripples were there when I got her and I thought they looked kinda cool. Never really thought much about it. You remember seeing my bag - did you notice them?

I'd be curious to know what Joseph at Bal NY would say about this?

Also, I have not treated the handles with anything but I wonder if some "loob" would help? :nuts:

All I remember of her was her being ultra-gorgeous:love: and a twin sis of mine (we forgot to take pics:girlsigh: )See what Joseph says...it doesnt look bad at all though honestly.

Hmmm...those wrinkles are pretty noticeable. I don't think I've seen any bags like that. I'm glad that Elizabeth is working with you and I hope she can find a bag with smoother handles for you.

As for the puckering, I've noticed that on a lot of the bags this year(I don't know if it was on previous years, though). I don't see it on the Firsts, but I have seen it on Cities and Works. I don't know if it's a defect, though. I'm thinking that the puckering will soften up with use.

Roo, my Rouge 05 First as well as Ink Purse have those slightly rippled handles on the underside. They were like that brand new. Doesn't bother me at all. Also I have a S/S 05 Black City that is more used and the underside appears even less rippled, almost smooth (but not quite).

Edited to fix spelling.

SerenitySue said:
Actually, my handles seem to have a small amount of scrunchiness (rippling) on the under surface but certainly not to the extent of your Cornflower's. That would feel strange to hold. Glad the seller is such a sweetheart.:smile:

didi-girl, the handles on my black work are scrunchy underneath the handles too :yes:...i haven't noticed it on any of my other '06 b-bags, but i'll have to check 'em out...i :heart: them all so much though, that it doesn't matter to me :love:...i got the last black s/s '06 work @ the nyc store & it had a few little nicks in the leather on the bottom too...but although i'm usually a perfectionist, i wanted it anyway...the leather is sooooooooooooooo soft & smooshy:tender:

Well it sounds like this is a common thing, so I'm not worried about it. I kinda like the wrinkles. Since others have handles like that, it must be a characteristic of some of the bags. It may also be something they do on purpose to further make the counterfeiting more difficult.

Didi, I just checked with my cornflower first and I've got them too. I don't have it on my ink or grenat just on the cornflower. They don't feel weird because my whole bag is conditioned so they're soft.

Roo said:
Well it sounds like this is a common thing, so I'm not worried about it. I kinda like the wrinkles. Since others have handles like that, it must be a characteristic of some of the bags. It may also be something they do on purpose to further make the counterfeiting more difficult.

yeppers, i kinda like the handles that way too Roo :yes: ...honestly, i really don't think these bags are meant to look "perfect", ya know (?) :shrugs:...i think part of the beauty of them is their imperfections, sort of like people :tender:...and from what i've seen, they get more beautiful with age!!!

i think the handles bother me enough that i definitely want to exchange it.

and yes, this is a new bag for those who are new to my cornflower troubles...

perfectionism can get you in trouble! cause i want my cornflower to be perfect. =( i'll keep you guys posted.

aaallabama said:
yeppers, i kinda like them like that too Roo, i really don't think these bags are meant to look "perfect", ya know :shrugs:...i think part of the beauty of them is their imperfections, sort of like people :tender:...and from what i've seen, they get more beautiful with age!!!

I agree!:yes:

yea, i am definitely returning this bag...i agree with serenitysue that it's more than what is acceptable.

unfortunately elizabeththomas's other cornflower has the same handles. so i guess no cornflower city for me.

didi78 said:
yea, i am definitely returning this bag...i agree with serenitysue that it's more than what is acceptable.

unfortunately elizabeththomas's other cornflower has the same handles. so i guess no cornflower city for me.

gosh, that stinks didi-girl, i'm so sorry you won't be getting your cornflower city now :crybaby:...have you contemplated a cornflower work instead :shrugs:...that's what i've got & i really prefer the bigger size (maybe it's because i've got a napoleon complex?!?!) :P

at this point i feel so frustrated that i just don't care. i'm getting my new, rip-free cornflower shrug at some point, so maybe i'll just wait until then and figure out what i want to sell, keep, and buy. BAH HUMBAG!