pics of mulberry phoebe bag from saks

It is pretty comfy, the straps don't fall off.

Here is the email I got back.

Dear

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we produced a Phoebe in the _Mocha Matt Glove, and that it did indeed have white stitching. I suspect that the photographs and images were taken of a sample which may well have been produced with same colour stitching.
The bag is from our AW05 range (we have just entered into our SS06 range) however it was only sold to the USA Market.

The Darwin and Matt Glove leathers are very different in characteristic and are two very different leathers. The Darwin darkens with use, however the matt glove retains its original colouring as it undergoes a different tanning process. The matt glove is also slightly thicker but softer leather to touch. Our leather nourisher can be used on the Matt Glove, however with the Darwin we recommend the use of a collonil waterstop spray instead.

I do hope this information is of use to you, however if you should require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Leila Nicholls
Mulberry Customer Services
Tel: 01761 234207
Fax: 01761 233436
Email: [email protected]

I think I would be happier with the glove leather too after having the Darwin for a couple of days now. It is attractive but really stiff as though I need to break it in or something. Maybe it gets better with age. At least you confirmed the authenticity- I would keep it.

Is it THE purse? Not for me but it's certainly has it's own niche in the collection.:P

Wow - two thumbs way up on Mulberry's speedy customer service.
It is great to see a company repsond so thoroughly.

Does the email from Mulberry influence your decision at all on whether to keep or not to keep the bag?

bagpuss: really? the darwin is that much stiffer? wow, this one is really soft... maybe i will keep it after all.

loganz: yup confirming that it is real definitely makes me feel better, and yes they responded asap! and yep i think i will keep it. it's really comfy to carry. i'm gonna wear it out tomorrow for a test drive! i'll add the bag to my collection.

fayden said:
bagpuss: really? the darwin is that much stiffer? wow, this one is really soft... maybe i will keep it after all.

loganz: yup confirming that it is real definitely makes me feel better, and yes they responded asap! and yep i think i will keep it. it's really comfy to carry. i'm gonna wear it out tomorrow for a test drive! i'll add the bag to my collection.

Good deal Fayden - just think if you are in Europe with the bag the gals there will be envious since your bag was only available here in the States.

fayden said:

Yay!!! It really is a fantastic bag!

The darwin is much stiffer. Fayden, I'm glad you decided to keep the bag but as for me I think I am sending it back. I am not excited about this bag as I should be. I think another purse is calling my name...:love:

fayden said:

Let us know how the test drive goes! It looks like a keeper to me! Love the shape and the leather! Enjoy!:biggrin:

Bagpuss said:
I think I would be happier with the glove leather too after having the Darwin for a couple of days now. It is attractive but really stiff as though I need to break it in or something. Maybe it gets better with age. At least you confirmed the authenticity- I would keep it.

Is it THE purse? Not for me but it's certainly has it's own niche in the collection.:P

Bagpuss....just curious about your feelings on the Darwin leather....is it scratching easily? Do you love your bag?

I'm contemplating one and am conducting my own study. LOL