pics of mulberry phoebe bag from saks

Bagpuss

Dec 30, 2005
Bjara said:
Bagpuss....just curious about your feelings on the Darwin leather....is it scratching easily? Do you love your bag?

I'm contemplating one and am conducting my own study. LOL
No scratches yet but oddly enough it looks like the kind of leather that would just look more classic with some scratches and scuffs so I'm not going to be really careful with it. I do love it but now I have my stuff in it and it is getting rather heavy I must say...:cry:

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
west coast envy
ive been getting interested in their messenger, the leather is suppose to age quickly but thats the beauty of it, i was thinking about the antony in oak, what do you think about it?

jaffa

wants more bags
O.G.
Oct 3, 2005
Las Vegas
fayden, I guess this isn't an issue for you now you've had confirmation from Mulberry it's real, but several designers have their bags assembled in Turkey. Luella is another British designer that does so. Even if the leather comes from Italy (making it real Italian leather) if it's assembled in China, or Turkey or somewhere else, the tag must say it's made there.

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
Miami
I love the phoebe - I saw it in Saks in dark brown, no contrasting stitching - I don't care for the stitching - even on sale, you just "gotta love it".

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
New York City
www.purseblog.com
fyi, bobellisshoes.com has the phoebe in several colors (tan, dark brown, green, and pink - there's no pic of the dark brown, just click on the tan one and you can choose it from the drop-down menu) on sale for $597. i don't know how much the one from saks was or if it was on sale, but i thought i'd let everyone know.

Serendipity

Nov 28, 2005
I saw it in their nj store yesterday...short hills so you may be able to purchase it on line or call and have it sent.

MiniMabel

O.G.
Mar 7, 2009
very confusing? I want a white purse

This is an old thread from 2006.........Phoebe is a discontinued bag so will only be available on the secondary market. There was a coconut colour with coloured stitching, but not white. :smile: