Pics of first Louboutins ever made?

Thanks JetSetGo (do you ever get tired of telling us silly newbies that? :blush: ) I tried googling and got tired of sorting through the Twilight and Vampire Diaries results so I gave up, but I found the answer in the forums (like always).

:back2topic:

On his the Louboutin wiki page it says:

"In 1992 I incorporated the red sole into the design of my shoes. This happened by accident as I felt that the shoes lacked energy so I applied red nail polish to the sole of a shoe. This was such a success that it became a permanent fixture."

Is that what the book says as well?

The book I have says:

"According to Louboutin, the red soles were inspired by the chance visit of an extremely attractive young couple to his Paris shop. The man picked up a shoe and examined it carefully, but when he turned it over to look at the sole, he appeared to be disappointed and put the shoe back down again rather hastily. A few minutes later, he and his girlfriend left without purchasing anything.

"Did you notice how he looked at the sole of the shoe?" Louboutin asked his assistant. "I wish we could have put something there that would have attracted him."

"How about my telephone number?" she joked.

Louboutin could not forget the incident, and not long after he suddenly thought of painting the soles of his shoes red. There was, of course, a precedent for this fancy in the seventeenth and eighteenth century fashion for red heels. Louboutin's experiment with red soles seemed successful, so the next season he tried green soles."

It's attributed in the footnotes to simply "Interview with Christian Louboutin", so I assume Valerie Steele met with him for the book (where she's quoting him from an interview with someone else, like Vogue, that's stated).

I finally had time to go through the book I have for the CL photos (and one quote which I thought was interesting):

IMG_6329.jpg

IMG_6330.jpg

IMG_6332.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

Ohhhh.. Les catalanes.. I AM a Catalane =)
That's an area in france.. and actually Espadrilles are from this area too.. and that's tarditional Catalan shoes.. they wear them to dance "La sardane" ;)

Ohhhh.. Les catalanes.. I AM a Catalane =)
That's an area in france.. and actually Espadrilles are from this area too.. and that's tarditional Catalan shoes.. they wear them to dance "La sardane" ;)

:biggrin: The blurb next to those shoes reads:

"Christian Louboutin draws on global influences for his shoe designs. Here the traditional footwear of Catalan serves as inspiration for a line of chic lace-up sandals."

I love the black pumps on page 40. And those vampire bites are the most horrific things I've ever seen. And I wonder if "my" shoes circa spring 2004/5 were merely a figment of my imagination. Sigh.