Food Picky about where you sit in restaurants?

I generally ask for the "non-screaming child area".
I can't stand to be around yelling, screaming, running around little
brats while I'm trying to eat.

If we do end up near someone with children who behave, I always go
over and compliment the parents on how well their children act.

I admit it, I am the girl who will ask a hostess to change tables if I don't like the one where I'm sitting. And I feel bad for doing it but I can't help myself! I looaaathhheee sitting next to the kitchen where waiters rush in and out constantly and you hear pans and dishes clattering... I also don't like sitting next to service stations.

That's me too! I also do not like to sit near the rest rooms or next to loud or messy children.

ITA. When I was younger my sister and I understood that if we didn't behave ourselves, my mom or dad would take us out of the restaurant and sit with us in the car until the other parent was done eating...you can imagine how few times this actually occured, their anger at having to leave a meal was enough to keep us quiet and polite in almost any situation! I'm utterly amazed when I'm in a restaurant and a parent is just ignoring their screaming or misbehaving child, as if they've become totally immune to it. I just feel like so many parents don't instill that feeling of shame in their children anymore, so children don't even see why they should be embarassed when other people are staring at them. Ugh, it just gets me so mad.:cursing:

I'm somewhat picky. If the seat is in some outlying position where it's cold or windy, or right near the entrance where guests are congregating, or right outside the bathroom, then I usually politely ask if there's another table available. If they say no, then I just suck it up and deal. However, if it's a special occasion, I'll let them know ahead of time and specifically tell them to put us in a primo location.

I don't think that restaurant staff necessarily frowns upon this stuff, as long as you're polite and reasonable about it, and have the expectation that you won't always be able to get the cherry table!

That's really nice of you to compliment the parents, it means a lot. I can say this because whenever my kids (4 and 2) are on their best behavior at a restaurant, I'm practically exploding with pride and relief, and it's always nice when other people recognize it too.

If my kids are having a bad day and are out of control, one of us ALWAYS takes the kid outside and waits out the tantrum. It's too mortifying to bear. Fortunately, this doesn't happen as often anymore.

i usually like to sit near the wall not like in the middle of the room
also i hate sitting near the bathrooms and the kitchen anddd towards the front of the restuarant
HAHAHAH

I'm not picky if it's crowded, but I will absolutely say something if they lead me to a table near the kitchens or without a view when there's several empty tables available not near the kitchens.