Photos of your less than perfect vintage Hermès and share experiences

I see. Mine says B but not in a circle or square , it has a zip but it has perished completely, if it is 1946 would the leather be ruined ? It's certainly quite brittle and prone to split, I'm worried for its age , but eager to see what hermes say , I'm not bothered about the shoulder strap .
Even if your bag were from 1946 (it's not, cf. the zipper, I can't read your stamp from that photo at all but most likely as others have noted it's '72) it would not be ruined by age. I have a 1952 Kelly that doesn't have so much as a loose thread. However, the cracking on yours means it needs some conditioning. You'll be amazed what H spa can do :heart: and when you get it back, there are after-care kits you can buy to maintain the bag. enjoy your Kelly!

A vintage crocodile boxy handbag from Hermes. I am not too sure about the name or model of this bag but she is old, May be 10 years older than the Pullman tote. I like to call her Boxy. There's 2 way of wearing her by adjusting the length of the strap. Boxy is made beautifully. Hope you enjoy the pictures.
I know this is an old post, but oh my goodness, I have this same boxy vintage croc bag, though mine has an H clasp. It reminds me a bit of a symmetric version of the Cinetic clasp. I wish I knew what it was called, if there is a name for this style.

Attachments

• D8C1D481-7E5E-40BE-A7BC-23CC3D545961.png
    D8C1D481-7E5E-40BE-A7BC-23CC3D545961.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,042
  • 3B6AEEBF-CFCC-449E-9D35-07C2BAF17D04.png
    3B6AEEBF-CFCC-449E-9D35-07C2BAF17D04.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,047
I know this is an old post, but oh my goodness, I have this same boxy vintage croc bag, though mine has an H clasp. It reminds me a bit of a symmetric version of the Cinetic clasp. I wish I knew what it was called, if there is a name for this style.
I don’t know what it’s called (have you tried asking in Hermes?) but it’s beautiful!!

Reactions: nicole0612
Excited to share before & after photos of a 1987 Vache Natural 35 Kelly I've been working on. The first photo shows how it looked when it arrived a few days ago, and the second shows how wonderfully vache responds to some care. In spite of my posting in this thread, I actually think this bag is PERFECT-- it's just not pristine! There is something magical about the glow of the Vache, and the marks and spots that remain look right at home on this Kelly. I'm much more taken with this bag than with any of the bags I own that are in much newer condition. :heart:

Before:
View attachment 3680738
After:
View attachment 3680742

The Vache Natural is just gorgeous!

Reactions: calexandre