Photos of your less than perfect vintage Hermès and share experiences

Here's my "senior" Kelly 28* again. 70 years old in 2022. I guess she's celebrating her Jubilee, too! She's doing just fine and has never been to spa. (The five-year-old behind her would have to be a grand-nephew, I guess!!)

*technically at the time, Sac à dépêches :flowers:

View attachment 5420482
excuse me!!? She is 70?????????!!!????? How can you tell she is 70 already!!!! Amazing!!

excuse me!!? She is 70?????????!!!????? How can you tell she is 70 already!!!! Amazing!!
I can tell because of the date stamp, which is H, for 1952. This has also been confirmed by bababebi (whom I use to identify details and authenticity on any bag I do not purchase directly from the boutique myself) and by an Hermés artisan.

This bag was a wonderful find at an online antiques dealer. I thought it was Rouge H from the photos, but when it arrived, it turned out to be Gold (which was darker back then). There was a pen mark on it which came off; otherwise the bag does not have a loose stitch. It's impeccably made. I rarely carry it but it is a great collector item.

Hello, I feel box leather gets such a bad reputation for being easy to scratch. So I wanted to share my experience with my 1996 box leather kelly 28 sellier which I have taken on my trip to Australia. I have used this as my daily bag for the past 5 months. I do a quick look every time I bring it home and sometimes it needs a bit of a wipe with a cleanser and cloth. To be honest I am generally careful with my bag.
During these past months of using her almost daily, I found the leather to be durable and I’m constantly amazed that after 26 years it still looks so fabulous. Here’s a pic of her.
I’m so glad I took her on my trip which forced me to use it daily. And now I am more in love!
84C1E048-EF1B-41BF-B59F-284378F5F5D4.jpeg

Hello, I feel box leather gets such a bad reputation for being easy to scratch. So I wanted to share my experience with my 1996 box leather kelly 28 sellier which I have taken on my trip to Australia. I have used this as my daily bag for the past 5 months. I do a quick look every time I bring it home and sometimes it needs a bit of a wipe with a cleanser and cloth. To be honest I am generally careful with my bag.
During these past months of using her almost daily, I found the leather to be durable and I’m constantly amazed that after 26 years it still looks so fabulous. Here’s a pic of her.
I’m so glad I took her on my trip which forced me to use it daily. And now I am more in love!
View attachment 5423468
Beautiful bag! She looks wonderful.

My pleasure to share with you all.

The HAC 28 is actually my most recent purchase. Guess the leather is neutral? it is from 2005. Still with the square turn lock!

The ebene B30 is in cherve leather. Silver hardware. Four years younger than the HAC.. was born in 2009. Love them both! Had some difficult time to convince myself to hold two b30... and the HAC solved the issue!

The Kelly sports is epsom leather, bought from an auction held by a reputable consignment store in Japan. A 29-year-old bag from 1993 but in a very good condition. I am not a Kelly girl. The Kelly sports check the Kelly's box!

The Sac Eugenie is the big big brother in the family. It is a 1984 bag in pristine condition. Love it a lot.

and the two youngest babies are Lindy in rouge garance (2011) and picotin 18 in blue agve (2016)!

Look forward to your sharing!

View attachment 5417403. View attachment 5417404. View attachment 5417402

The HAC looks like Vache Naturelle leather.

• Insightful
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Hello everyone, I got my hands on a white Kelly 28 with a stamp Z, so from the 1970s. She needs some TLC, so I brought her to the Hermes store to let her go to the spa. The SA looked at it and made very unfriendly comments about it being in a rough shape, asking me where I got it from and if I had receipts. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I returned home, my festive mood about this beauty being long gone . I’m not sure on what to do with it. Go back and push a little more to get it to spa? Or get it to a different spa?

Attachments

• F70697E6-B634-4B6A-861B-80F2F4211C70.jpeg
    F70697E6-B634-4B6A-861B-80F2F4211C70.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 146
  • F127B53A-1433-44D2-9C90-C854EE5A186B.jpeg
    F127B53A-1433-44D2-9C90-C854EE5A186B.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 146
  • CE0EB875-24E7-461B-9BB2-6175086B3464.jpeg
    CE0EB875-24E7-461B-9BB2-6175086B3464.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 991DD1B1-B491-45C5-883A-6153631FE1EE.jpeg
    991DD1B1-B491-45C5-883A-6153631FE1EE.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: doloresmia
Hello everyone, I got my hands on a white Kelly 28 with a stamp Z, so from the 1970s. She needs some TLC, so I brought her to the Hermes store to let her go to the spa. The SA looked at it and made very unfriendly comments about it being in a rough shape, asking me where I got it from and if I had receipts. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I returned home, my festive mood about this beauty being long gone . I’m not sure on what to do with it. Go back and push a little more to get it to spa? Or get it to a different spa?
I got the same kind of run around when I took my 1956 Kelly to H (minus asking for receipts, which is not supposed to matter, just be authentic.) They held it in the store for 4 weeks, did not bother to contact me or follow up with calls/emails, then said my “bag was damaged beyond repair.” No one in France it NYC ever got to look at it…the Atlanta store made the call when they do not even had a craftsman on site. You could try taking it up the chain, which yielded substandard results when I tried, or take it somewhere else like I did. Quicker, less expensive, they did repairs on the inside which H does not do and I am pleased with the results. Mine was in worse shape than yours, with split corners. You could look at Yelp reviews if you live somewhere that has local businesses, ask at other boutiques that don’t work on their own stuff like Fendi or Dior, or send it out to a company like Leather Surgeons (who have a great reputation). I took my bag to Santana Leather Creations here in Atlanta. It is not perfect but I did not expect, or want, her to be. She looks great and, more importantly, is usable.