Philip B russian amber shampoo--have you tried it?

I did try a few of his products. I believe he makes the white truffle shampoo??? I found that my scalp itches really bad after I used his products. Is there any way you can get a sample to try before you spend so much? If you have a reaction to the product can you return it or are you out the money?

I'm curious about this too! In the last Lucky magazine, the beauty editor was absolutely raving about it, saying it's impossible not to have a good hair day when you use this stuff. Maybe it's the Creme de la Mer of shampoo? I did a google search for it, and there's some on Amazon for $104-$110. Still a lot for shampoo!

Yes, I have used it. I use it more like a treatment for a few days after my color is done.

It is a very thick concentration of shampoo and actually hard to get through your hair the way you would normally apply shampoo.

I put it in my hands and then add a little water so I can move it around. it is luxurious and your hair feels wonderful after using it back to back.

I don't necessarily think its better than Kerastase but I like the luxury of his products and they make your hair nice.

Ooohh, I wondered about this too. I'm so easily swayed by magazines. I tried to find some reviews on it on MUA and found nothing. I'd really like to try it but it's a rather big gamble.

I just got some after reading about it in Lucky. Normally I'm not so swayed by magazines, but it just sounded so amazing I had to see if it lived up to the hype. I tried it for the first time this morning. It's very thick - kind of like the consistency of honey, but thicker. You have to emulsify it in your hands a little to make it easier to spread into your hair. It did leave my hair really soft and shiny, and less frizzy than it usually is in the summer humidity. And it smells really good.

The jar was a LOT bigger than I was expecting after seeing it online. I think it will last a long time, because you only have to use a relatively small amount each time, so the $140 will probably even out to a reasonable per-use cost.

I am curious about this too. Like so many of you I saw it in Lucky and after the way she raved about it I am finding it harder and harder to not buy it, but I am a bit worried bc I have to be so careful with my color; I travel a ton for work so the water is different in every city and occasionally makes my hair somewhat brassy (or brassy and yellow as my color guy so kindly points out) but after switching over to ONLY Keratstase products that problem seems to have gone away--or maybe wishful thinking on my part.

I would love to try this and have been contemplating buying it for a while, my hair is baby fine, and it would have to be pretty amazing to justify spending that amount of money on a shampoo, still i'm very curious as well.

I am using that as well as the Philip B truffle shampoo. have been pleased with the

results and use the amber shampoo more like a treatment for a few times after

my color has been done..it works but individual more or lesss

Ok...I gave in. They have a smaller size tub at Bloomies for $50. My hair is wavy , thin, bu I have a lot of it. It likes to frizz. So I bought the small jar of Philip B Russian amber. I wet my hair, scooped out a dime sized amount (I have hair just below my shoulders, emulsified it in my hands by rubbing them together, massaged it into my scalp and let the shampoo just drip down the length of my hair as instructed. I put my hair up in a clip and let it sit for 5 mins while I showered, shaved, etc. Then I rinsed the shampoo out. I did not use conditioner as I would usually have to because I wanted to see how well this shampoo really works. I used no styling products whatsoever. I just gently towel dried my hair, touseled an scrunched it, then let it air dry. OH MY GOD....I never thought my hair could look so good! It looked like perfect sexy beachy waves with no frizz but lots of texture! And it lasted all day and night. I even took a nap on the couch andmy hair would usually look nasty when I wake up...well when I woke up i could haveimmediately posed for the cover of Vogue! If you can spare the $50.0, try it! It will last months because you use such a tiny bit. But when I finish the small tube I am investing in the big one. It is so freeing to not have to use conditioner, smoothing creme, frizz serum, and sea spray, then use a diffuser everyday. Just wash and go! :love:

I've been using this about once a week for a year followed by the Philip B Katira Hair Masque and I absolutely love it. I don't need it every day...it's very rich and concentrated and the effects last awhile. My hair is baby fine and has a natural wave and I imagine it would be weighed down if used daily. I used to blow dry and flat iron daily and these two products saved my hair. Now I just scrunch and air dry and I really notice the difference on the days I use these two products as opposed to my everyday stuff. After using it once a week for a year, I haven't even used half the tub...a little goes a long way so well worth the price IMO.