Food Phases of Food

Dec 10, 2008
Ever since I can remember, I'd go through phases where I'd mainly eat one thing and one thing only for lunch for an extended period of time. When I was little, years alternated between tuna and cheese sandwiches. I changed it up during college more but mainly it was taco salad. Now that I live on my own, it's grilled cheese sandwiches as of late. When I first moved in it was chicken quesadillas all the time.

Anyone else have weird habits like mine?

I have phases too. Mostly with breakfast. I can have yoghurt for a week and then get really tired of it and then I have to move on to something else.

ABSOLUTELY! The worst was when I was pregnant...I had to have lasagna every day for months. Then I moved on to crab salad...the restaurants I used to go to always knew my order in advance :shame:

Now I get into ethnic food kicks, where I want nothing but Vietnamese for weeks...then it switches to Korean...then Thai...then Mexican...yup, my friends and family think I'm weird, lol.

I do the same thing. I was on a salmon kick last year, then couldn't stand the smell of it for a few months. Now, I'm craving salmon every night again! I have hamburger cravings that last for a month, then wear off. The week before my wedding, I had hamburger cravings and ate one everyday. I was worried that my dress wouldn't fit, but I nixed the hamburger buns (I was seriously just craving the meat, bacon, and cheese) and actually lost weight. I think that it's a good idea to eat what your body wants. I find that listening to my body keeps my weight from fluctuating.

If I eat the same thing three times in a row, I will keep eating it for months:nuts:

There is this one little Italian restaurant that we go to that I order fried calamari and zuppa de pesce with chianti EVERY SINGLE time we go there.

And another place where I only order oysters.

Yes! Last week I ate a plum and a green salad with chicken every day for lunch. The last couple days I've been craving yogurt and pudding, so I think my body must need calcium!