Food Phases of Food

Dec 10, 2008
Rochester / DC
Ever since I can remember, I'd go through phases where I'd mainly eat one thing and one thing only for lunch for an extended period of time. When I was little, years alternated between tuna and cheese sandwiches. I changed it up during college more but mainly it was taco salad. Now that I live on my own, it's grilled cheese sandwiches as of late. When I first moved in it was chicken quesadillas all the time.

Anyone else have weird habits like mine?

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
I have phases too. Mostly with breakfast. I can have yoghurt for a week and then get really tired of it and then I have to move on to something else.

bagap

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
Cali-4-Ni-A
ABSOLUTELY! The worst was when I was pregnant...I had to have lasagna every day for months. Then I moved on to crab salad...the restaurants I used to go to always knew my order in advance :shame:

Now I get into ethnic food kicks, where I want nothing but Vietnamese for weeks...then it switches to Korean...then Thai...then Mexican...yup, my friends and family think I'm weird, lol.

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
urban jungle
I do the same thing. I was on a salmon kick last year, then couldn't stand the smell of it for a few months. Now, I'm craving salmon every night again! I have hamburger cravings that last for a month, then wear off. The week before my wedding, I had hamburger cravings and ate one everyday. I was worried that my dress wouldn't fit, but I nixed the hamburger buns (I was seriously just craving the meat, bacon, and cheese) and actually lost weight. I think that it's a good idea to eat what your body wants. I find that listening to my body keeps my weight from fluctuating.

bipolarbear

Jun 10, 2009
Yep - unfortunately, so does my DH, so on occasion we get in these periods when I'm on Thai, and he's deep in the heart of the SW or some such thing.

Kam7185

O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
I do this too, and I think it's more common than one would think! A good friend of mine was obsessed with carrots and turned orange!

L4F4

BITE ME
Apr 4, 2009
YES! I know what you mean! It's due to brain chemistry, which is affected by so many things.

Oct 29, 2006
Los Angeles
ABSOLUTELY! The worst was when I was pregnant...I had to have lasagna every day for months. Then I moved on to crab salad...the restaurants I used to go to always knew my order in advance :shame:
Haha, I'm worried that when I get pregnant I will be like this, or worse!

robyn

Are we there yet?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2006
D.C. suburbs
If I eat the same thing three times in a row, I will keep eating it for months:nuts:

There is this one little Italian restaurant that we go to that I order fried calamari and zuppa de pesce with chianti EVERY SINGLE time we go there.

And another place where I only order oysters.

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
Yes! Last week I ate a plum and a green salad with chicken every day for lunch. The last couple days I've been craving yogurt and pudding, so I think my body must need calcium!