personal style

I like simple, classic clothes. I most likely to be found in a nice pair of jeans/slacks, a nice button-up shirt or cashmere sweater and a pair of heels/flats. I spruce up my outfits with nice accessories. Sometimes I get into a boho-type mood, so I have a lot of nice tunics as well. I like looking at the trendy outfits, but they don't fit into my lifestyle so I leave that to others.

It was weird to go from being a college student, to a semi "real" job, then back to college... I feel overdressed most of the time surrounded by other students who are much younger than I am, but that's okay. I love dresses, vintage-y skirts and tops, sandals, leather boots, Birkenstocks, jeans.. Kind of cute and comfortable. I don't really follow trends, I just buy what I like. I actually realized just this past week how many styles are just not "me". I have several bags of clothes to donate & consign this week : ) What I really go for are 1. classic shapes that 2. have fun detailing, or a great bold/brightly colored print. The older I get the more I realize what shapes and styles just do NOT work for me :lol:

I naturally dress in a timeless chic business casual mode now that I am older. I don't keep up with the trends, because I have learned to dress my body with pieces that work for my figure.

Very casual days spent walking my dog and getting starbucks: Juicy Couture sweatsuits, TNA ( Canadian retailer) yoga pants and TNA, Abercrombie or Juicy hoodie worn with pumas or short uggs.

( I know, not very fashionable but it is comfortable, and walking my dog can be a work out hence the athletic wear)

Typical Uni day or day out shopping: J brand jeggings, Guess, or R&R jeans, a nice sweater or cardigan ( I like pure cashmere for their variety and they are affordable) and my blue suede OTK flat boots or flat leather riding boots. I often pair this look with a cute scarf and my leather jacket, or wool/cashmere peacoat to dress it up. I will sometimes wear high heeled CL booties or some other high shoe if I want to be more dressy.

Going out in the evenings to clubs and pubs: dark J brand jeggings, CL booties or other leather knee high heeled boots, dressy top of some sort. Leather jacket or peacoat.

Going out to posh restaurants and nicer clubs: Here Leger type dress, Marciano or Betsey Johnson cocktail dress or black mini skirt with a dressy top, high heels ( CL are my fav)

I use my LV or Black Balenciaga for most days,or Chanel when I really want to dress up.

I tend to wear brightly coloured jeans and an oversized tee/jumper. I'm just lazy like that. Shoes are either cowboyish ankle boots, Doc Martens or Converse. I always accessorise with jewelry, something different every day.

I'm a jeans and blazer type gal. I love skinny jeans, structured balzers or silk blouses and black knee high boots. I'd say my biggest style influences are gwen stefani (casual clothing) and kourtney kardashian (when she is dressed down in jeans). Weird combo, I know.

First of all the only time I ever get to wear my actual clothes are on the weekends and on Tuesdays if I go out for errands. I work in physical therapy and wear a red polo with khakis and tennis shoes every day at work! (BORING!) That is one of the main reasons why I became a stylist for Stella & Dot jewelry. So I could have fun and feel pretty.

I rarely ever go out but if I do its very comfy but cute, kinda girly and chic. My husband thinks I dress like an old lady but most of the stuff I have is todays fashions.

I like skinny jeans, jegging, tights, leggings with big sweaters or tshirts. I LOVE boots!!! Not big on high heels but wear them occasionally. And I rarely wear dresses or skirts but sometimes I do when I feel like it. I am at the stage in my life where I can't buy from the juniors section anymore but the misses section is too "soccer momish" for me. I buy most of my clothes at H&M, forever 21, or the buckle. I also have noticed that I dont buy a lot of prints. I am a classic black, grey, brown, cream, some colors type of person and express myself through my jewelry and accesories. Ever since becoming a Stella & Dot stylist though I have found I am venturing out and picking outfits that go with our jewelry.

I swing back and forth between --
uptown - tailored sheath dress, pumps, burberry trench, skinny jeans, cashmere, tods tote or prada pushlock
and
downtown --
anything with a boho vibe - peasant blouses, bootcut jeans, jeweled sandals, fringe, dior drawstring bag
I guess it depends if I am meeting biz people or not :smile: