Permanent / Welded Jewelry?

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Permanent jewelry is a huge trend right now with shops and providers popping up all over the place, with options to weld chains around your wrist, anklet, finger or neck. Curious if anyone has done this and what your experience was?

It intrigues me because I like to wear 24/7 jewelry and the seamless look without a clasp, and to be able to have it perfectly sized.

I have done it at a pop up. I love the bracelet. I'm usually not a 24/7 jewelry girl, but the bracelet isn't even something I feel anymore and it blends with my other bracelets. I got an anklet at the same time and it stretched out considerably. It lasted about 6 months and it broke. It was difficult for me to take skinny jeans on and off and I found it "scratchy" under tights. I wouldn't hesitate to add more to my wrist but probably would only do an anklet I can remove. It's fun to go with a group as a bonding moment. I went with my sister in law, nieces and daughter in law.

I have done it at a pop up. I love the bracelet. I'm usually not a 24/7 jewelry girl, but the bracelet isn't even something I feel anymore and it blends with my other bracelets. I got an anklet at the same time and it stretched out considerably. It lasted about 6 months and it broke. It was difficult for me to take skinny jeans on and off and I found it "scratchy" under tights. I wouldn't hesitate to add more to my wrist but probably would only do an anklet I can remove. It's fun to go with a group as a bonding moment. I went with my sister in law, nieces and daughter in law.

How long have you had the bracelet now? That’s my main concern is it breaking and losing it. I understand most are dainty delicate chains that will give out eventually but hopefully it would last a year or so!

I am seeing more of it here. The chains are usually fine.

S&S.jpg

Not for me personally, as I wear all 3 coloured golds, change my jewellery with every outing and remove all jewellery when I am home. It's also too permanent for me to consider. However I can see why it's becoming more popular.

It’s a huge trend where I live and has been for about 3 years or so. I have 3 bracelets and have had them on for well over a year. Many of my friends and acquaintances have them too. I’m considering an anklet for summer. They’re easy to remove if you have to and typically if you break one, the place that put it on for you will put it back on for you. Mine are 14k gold and dainty and they mix well with my other jewelry. I love them for summer especially because they’re light and look great with everything. They aren’t terribly expensive so if I lose one I’m not too put out. They haven’t dented or had any other damage either from wearing them 24/7. No problems at all for me in my experience nor anyone I know. One thing to keep in mind is that if you need a surgery you may be asked to remove them.

Last edited:
My daughter and I each got one several years ago. I loved it but I had to cut it off for surgery. Never got it zapped back on, though my daughter has since gotten another.

It really broke my heart to cut it off. For Christmas my daughter and I each got the small trinity chain bracelet. I’ve not removed mine since, and it’s really nice to know that I could remove it without cutting it if I needed to.

• Love
Reactions: caruava
My daughter and I each got one several years ago. I loved it but I had to cut it off for surgery. Never got it zapped back on, though my daughter has since gotten another.

It really broke my heart to cut it off. For Christmas my daughter and I each got the small trinity chain bracelet. I’ve not removed mine since, and it’s really nice to know that I could remove it without cutting it if I needed to.

Thanks for sharing! So it sounded like it lasted a few years without breaking - that’s good!

Interesting…I was just looking at the trinity chain bracelet yesterday - so pretty :love: Would love to hear more about your thoughts on it and modeling pics. Did you post in the Cartier thread?

Reactions: N_Tonks
I haven’t heard of this trend and tbh the thought of it gives me anxiety :P

I even stop wearing my Cartier love bracelet now knowing I need a tool to open it in times of need. The sm doesn’t count as it’s proven I can fiddle with the screw with my hard finger nail.

I have been wearing one for almost two years now and love it! Got it at a pop up. I will likely get a second one next year - this year I’m on ban, lol. Sizing can be a bit tricky, as I do want the bracelet to move, but don’t want it to drop too far towards my hand - not sure wether I am 100% satisfied right now and might need to slightly resize it. I am okay with wearing mixed metals, and am more about the sentiment, anyway. Mine is rose gold and I am wearing it as a “red string” for good luck.

Hi there just to share my honest views about the permanent jewellery trend. It is mainly targeted at youngsters who want to have a "friendship band". It is becoming a trend in my country though at the moment not many shops are offering it. I did mine in 14k white gold about 4 months back. No one is keen to do it with me so I did it alone. There is a O at the chain so if needed to remove for surgery or scan , can just cut it and re-solder it back for a small fee.

Here's mine! Can't really feel it most times.

1000000678.jpg