Permanent / Welded Jewelry?

Thanks for sharing! So it sounded like it lasted a few years without breaking - that’s good!

Interesting…I was just looking at the trinity chain bracelet yesterday - so pretty :love: Would love to hear more about your thoughts on it and modeling pics. Did you post in the Cartier thread?
I have not posted about the Trinity yet, but this may be the motivation I need to do it!

Technically I do not think you are supposed to wear it 24/7 the way I am wearing it. And I probably wouldn’t be if it hadn’t been for that little permanent bracelet. I miss it!

Big difference between the zapped on permanent jewelry and a Love bracelet, btw. In an emergency you can easily cut a permanent bracelet with scissors. Literally any scissors—they are typically very fine chains, and it is not hard to cut at the jump ring.

I haven’t heard of this trend and tbh the thought of it gives me anxiety :P

I even stop wearing my Cartier love bracelet now knowing I need a tool to open it in times of need. The sm doesn’t count as it’s proven I can fiddle with the screw with my hard finger nail.
Hihi, it is actually trending down here. There is a shop at ION B3 doing it. They have a variety of samples for you to try on and the staff will recommend a comfort fit length before solder it on. I think there is a 3 or 6 month warranty if the chain breaks. Most of the chains are really thin so you can't really feel it. I'm loving mine seriously :smile:

Thanks for everyone's responses - I got one today and am loving it so far! I just wanted to add a hint of gold shimmer to my wrist since I just got a JUC ring, and this is perfect. I got them to fit it quite snug so there is less chance of it snagging on anything or getting tangled with my silver Tiffany bracelet. Love that there is no ugly clasp, and that it's perfectly fitted and simple.

Added a close-up pic of the weld for others who may be considering and wondering what this looks like. It's very dainty but feel it will be strong as long as it doesn't get accidentally yanked on.

tempImageqonq53.png

IMG_1344.jpg

Thanks for everyone's responses - I got one today and am loving it so far! I just wanted to add a hint of gold shimmer to my wrist since I just got a JUC ring, and this is perfect. I got them to fit it quite snug so there is less chance of it snagging on anything or getting tangled with my silver Tiffany bracelet. Love that there is no ugly clasp, and that it's perfectly fitted and simple.

Added a close-up pic of the weld for others who may be considering and wondering what this looks like. It's very dainty but feel it will be strong as long as it doesn't get accidentally yanked on.

View attachment 5965524

View attachment 5965525
I love it! Mine is also snug like that and I haven't caught it on anything. Love your Tiffany bracelet!

Reactions: foxgal

View attachment 5965524

View attachment 5965525
Nice chain, looks like it has more links than the usual. Looks good!

View attachment 5965524

View attachment 5965525
Very nice:smile:
I think i have about 0.8cm allowance (if i remember it correctly) from my wrist size.
I generally prefer my bracelets/bangles to be on the looser side.

Hihi, it is actually trending down here. There is a shop at ION B3 doing it. They have a variety of samples for you to try on and the staff will recommend a comfort fit length before solder it on. I think there is a 3 or 6 month warranty if the chain breaks. Most of the chains are really thin so you can't really feel it. I'm loving mine seriously :smile:
I must be living in the jungle or I’m just too old to be catching up on this lol.

So they offer 18k gold kind or something else?

I must be living in the jungle or I’m just too old to be catching up on this lol.

Most offer 14k gold, or plated/unplated sterling silver. I read one blog saying 10k would be best as it’s the strongest option (other than platinum).

And I understand how most don’t want to pay lots for something that is kind of a fun trend and may break or get lost. My 14k one was only $165 Cdn (~$125 US) so I thought that was fair for a dainty chain.

I checked, yes even another store also offering 14K only.
I think this is more for youngsters hence no one wanted to do with me lol
It is relatively inexpensive (starting from SGD100+ depending of the thickness/design of the chain) so it's really for the fun of it.
I also felt like making a ring but ring looks like can be removed by rolling.