Peeling Vernis Wallets?

missyanne

O.G.
Mar 20, 2006
To all the members that own Vernis wallets, how are they holding up? Do the edges peel? I am planning to get a Vernis pochette wallet really soon but I came across another member's thread in the FAQ section about her wallet peeling in one year. Is this common with Vernis wallets?

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/issues-with-vernis-290764.html

I had a Vernis agenda that I tossed around and didn't care for much but it never had any peeling and still looked perfectly new after a year. I guess I just want to be cautious and ask to make sure before purchasing. :yes:

I have the Amarante French Purse, and no problems here! I haven't had it for long, but I don't really baby it in any way and it's holding up great. Not a wallet, but I also use my vernis Cles on a daily basis, have dropped it many times, etc. but it has absolutely zero scratches. No peels either, of course. They're nearly bullet proof!

I Have a pomme zippy wallet that is just over a year old and i have a tiny area on the folded part of the wallet about literally 1mm long where i can see a little of the white underneath although its really more of a chip than peeling... other wise my wallet still looks as good as the day i got it!

I have the amarante pouchette wallet for about a couple months. I don't see any peels or problems with it so far, but I do baby it as well. I always keep it in the dust cloth in my purse :shame:

I've used my peppermint keyholder nonstop for...oh I don't know, ever since I got it. Uhhhh a year? The edges aren't "peeling" but they're dirty. Peppermint IS very light. I don't see this as an issue in darker vernis like pomme and amarante (even violette).

I have the pomme pochette wallet and use it everyday...no problems at all! Also, I've had several vernis 4 keyholders and really knocked them around and no problem with them either.

I have the french purse and it's holding up pretty well thus far. I don't really baby it that much but on the other hand, I don't toss it around either. I do think the vernis material is very durable and probably is one of those that will last you a very long time.

I have a few wallets: Peppermint (both Pochette and PTI), Fuchsia Pochette and Bronze Ludlow, along with a couple of smaller items: Amarante Cles and Marshmallow 4 keyholder. I haven't noticed any peel off on any of them, they hold up really well!

Wow, thank you for ALL the replies everyone! :yahoo: :flowers:

I feel so much better and reassured after reading the replies. I'll be purchasing my wallet sometime next week. I hope they'll have Pomme in stock!... or I'll be very sad. :crybaby: