Peau porc Kelly accepts ALS challenge from fellow tpf members

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittykelly

Jan 31, 2008
I was astonished after posting in the resellers thread about a recent experience that a tpf member had the time and interest to nominate my 32 peau porc Kelly to do the ALS challenge.... But.... HE ACCEPTS!!!!!

Upon picking him up from spa I will happily post a video of him getting a bucket full of water dumped on his head

At least he will give his life in service to charity!!! And this will be the end to what has been a very bad karmic experience

I just wonder whose bag he will nominate next :smile:

I was astonished after posting in the resellers thread about a recent experience that a tpf member had the time and interest to nominate my 32 peau porc Kelly to do the ALS challenge.... But.... HE ACCEPTS!!!!!

Upon picking him up from spa I will happily post a video of him getting a bucket full of water dumped on his head

At least he will give his life in service to charity!!! And this will be the end to what has been a very bad karmic experience

I just wonder whose bag he will nominate next :smile:

It's clear from your posts you are not happy owning this bag but instead of destroying a vintage bag, perhaps you should consider selling it and donating the proceeds to ALS if it's that important to you.

Reactions: Hermes Nuttynut
^^This.

I would also like to remind the OP that the purchase circumstances have been thoroughly discussed and any further discussion of them in this thread will be removed.

Thanks.

From the photos, this bag still has a lot of life in it. It is a lovely piece.
I can't understand why you would want to destroy it?!?

Porc is a rare skin, one that is no longer offered. A great deal of time and effort went into creating this beautiful bag. It shows a bit of age, but that is what is so wonderful about vintage pieces, one can envision the life they have lived. Even with a new bag, one hopes that it will develop its own unique character over time.
This is what makes Hermes so special, each piece tells a story, from the hide to the craftsman to the owners.

Walk through any museum and you will see age and wear, it's part of the story. Can you imagine if the
Louvre tried to reconstruct the head of the Winged Victory of Samothrace?
She is glorious for what she was and what she is now, always Majestic.

Please gives some thought to your proposal for your Kelly. It would be regrettable to destroy something so full of character.

Last edited:
Oh dear!, I hate the thought of you destroying this handmade bag that someone else might treasure. I know she has not made you happy, but she can go on to have a life with someone who will adore her and appreciate her unique character. Please, I implore you to sell her and then donate the funds to ALS as others suggested. It breaks my heart to think of a treasure being destroyed.

oh dear!, i hate the thought of you destroying this handmade bag that someone else might treasure. I know she has not made you happy, but she can go on to have a life with someone who will adore her and appreciate her unique character. Please, i implore you to sell her and then donate the funds to als as others suggested. It breaks my heart to think of a treasure being destroyed.

+1

People have misunderstood the challenge anyway. If you get ice dumped on you, you donate $10. If you refuse, you donate $100. (Google Sir Patrick Stewart's video) Refuse on behalf of your poor bag and make a generous donation :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.