Peau porc Kelly accepts ALS challenge from fellow tpf members

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have misunderstood the challenge anyway. If you get ice dumped on you, you donate $10. If you refuse, you donate $100. (Google Sir Patrick Stewart's video) Refuse on behalf of your poor bag and make a generous donation :smile:

Ah, thank you for clarifying this. I had seen this in the news, but had not seen any info on how, if at all, the charity was actually benefitting. Yes, it seems the less charitable route to actually dump ice on the poor Kelly.

To answers your question yes...the money will absolutely go to charity and as with all the charities I'm involved in I will write a check for much more than $10 or $100. Those who know me in real life know I am a full time volunteer and support many charities! Maybee I'll use dry ice :smile:

To answers your question yes...the money will absolutely go to charity and as with all the charities I'm involved in I will write a check for much more than $10 or $100. Those who know me in real life know I am a full time volunteer and support many charities! Maybee I'll use dry ice :smile:

So what's the point of ruining the bag?

oh dear!, i hate the thought of you destroying this handmade bag that someone else might treasure. I know she has not made you happy, but she can go on to have a life with someone who will adore her and appreciate her unique character. Please, i implore you to sell her and then donate the funds to als as others suggested. It breaks my heart to think of a treasure being destroyed.

+2

The whole thing is just bizarre! And I don't understand why this thread is started. We know full well how bag-lover forum members on here will react. Instead of pouring ice water over a poor bag which did nothing wrong to deserve this, why don't you just donate it to a charity auction?

Seems terribly wasteful and unnecessary. As others said, if you really want to be charitable, donate the bag and donate the money. Why destroy something unnecessarily. Yes it's your bag and you can do what you want but why bother posting this on a forum of bag lovers?

Just responding to a challenge by a fellow tpf member - only point of the thread :smile:

Since this appears to be a private matter that has occurred off PF, closing this now. I have already deleted several posts and can see this descending into further drama.

Good luck with the challenge. I hope the charity involved benefits significantly from your generosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.